“Best Pier Dive Ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Frederiksted Pier

Frederiksted Pier
More attraction details
Owner description: A great day or night dive, the pier is home to a thriving population of marine and coral life.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Best Pier Dive Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I absolutely loved diving under this pier, I saw Seahorses, octopus, so many types of fish, simply fantastic, and to think this is where the Cruise ships come in, We picked our friends up at this pier and showed them the island had a great time

Visited August 2013

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good view,”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Good view, paceful walk to the end and back, If you have a fishing rod and reel, get some beers and chair and fish, hopefully you would catch something, I would suggest get some hooks large enough to catch a barracuda, because thats the only thing that was biting on my line

Visited August 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Open or Closed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I went here on our last day of our honeymoon. The Pier provide an awesome view of the surrounding area and if you get your binoculars you will see Sandy Point. My biggest disappointment was the pier is not open open for swimming. It appears at one time they allowed people to dive off the pier and climb up the ladder. The other issue we had was the gate is closed so based on that it makes it appear as if you cannot walk up the pier.

Visited June 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Night Dive heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was my first night dive but one that I will never forget! The pier columns were teaming with life and they made the dive almost alien like.... a definite must for any diver!

Visited May 2013
Atlanta, GA
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Great place to snorkel and night dive.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I snorkeled here and I did a night dive. Both were awesome.
The water was completely calm when we were there with no current. The corals and anemones are very colorful and varied. Make sure you swim out to the dolphins on the south side, which are some pilings from the original pier that was destroyed by a hurricane. Those have 100 years of growth. Make sure you swim out to the end if you can. There are two columns of some structure where lots of fish like to hang out and are covered with red and yellow corals. We saw a frogfish and sea horse on the wall on the north side, right near the beach and lobsters in the rocks on the south side. Keep a sharp eye out.
The night dive was with N2 the Blue dive shop, which is just across the street. Haley was a great guide and took me out. They don't need a minumum number of divers like other dive shops do. She pointed out all kinds of creatures you don't normally see in the day. Several turtles sleeping inside the large coral 'bowls' that grow on the pilings.

Visited May 2013