“Amazing diving”
Review of Frederiksted Pier

Frederiksted Pier
More attraction details
Owner description: A great day or night dive, the pier is home to a thriving population of marine and coral life.
Reviewed December 18, 2012

On a rougher day, we did our two tank dive at the pier. It was my boyfriends favorite dive of the trip. We saw amazing sealife!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

There are neat little shops and good places to eat around the pier but WOW it is overcrowded... Everyone comes piling in from the cruise ships and infiltrates the small town and it becomes a nightmare to park and get around. It's nice to take an afternoon trip to peek around if you're actually staying on the island, but otherwise I'd steer clear..

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Third time in St Croix but the first time I visited this site. I am disappointed in myself that it took this long for me to get around to visiting the pier. I had been told before to go there but thought "why snorkel off the cruise ship pier?" Well, to see an abundance of sealife, that's why!!!

We had an awesome time snorkeling here- me and my two teenagers while my wife sunbathed. We practically had the entire experience to ourselves, except for a few super-friendly local fishermen. We saw three sea turtles, a leopard ray (big one too!), blowfish, and tons and tons of fish and colorful coral, especially on the pier pilings. I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised.

Just make certain you go when there are not any cruise ships in port as Homeland Security will lock down the pier and prevent anyone other than those on the cruise to gain access to the pier.

1  Thank Skip C
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Frederiksted Pier blends old world charm with a modern cruise ship pier for a quaint visit. Being there during the off-season made this a serene experience. Be sure to take a dive under the pier for some of the most amazing diving in St. Croix.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

The Frederiksted Pier, is right in the heart of old downtown Frederiksted, It is an improved area due to all of the cruise ships that dock here. The problem is that in order to get out to the pier, you have to have a cruise ship pass. You can't just walk down to look at the ships.

If you can walk down to the end, it makes for a great location to take photos of downtown.

TIP- Look on the rip rap rock for the neon green iguanas. They are really cool!