New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Nice, uniquely made to order deli sandwiches” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Turtle's Deli

Turtle's Deli
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Frederiksted
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Nice, uniquely made to order deli sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We've visited St Croix every year for the past 3 years to visit my husband's family and I've always wanted to try Turtle's but never did.
Well, this time around I finally did and was not desapointed! I've added this place as one of the few places worth eating in, in all of St Croix.

The prices might seem a bit high for a deli but considering the high prices in the island, the taste, plus their sandwiches are a really nice size, it's actually worth it :-)

I got the Italian sandwich and the Curry Chicken for my husband. We were both really satisfied with one half and had to save the other half for later :-)

1 Thank TitoandVero

Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“Sunset view, tasty seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Great location to watch sun set over ocean. Get there at 6:25 and sit at a table overlooking ocean. Good mahi tacos, shrimp scampi.

Visited March 2014
uk/usa
“good sandwich place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

recently moved to st.croix. been to turtle's for lunch a couple times. located on a section of the island with beautiful water, good sand beach with easy non-rock access to water. sandwiches very good, made to order with whatever you want on them but chips, drinks etc are a la carte! about $11 a sandwich plus extras.

Visited March 2014
Vicenza, Italy
“Nice Lunch Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Very good and unique sandwiches with generous portion sizes. We were a bit disappointed that the price of $11 for a sandwich did not include chips or anything with it, but those prices may be normal for St. Croix. Since we were on a cruise I think I would have rather eaten lunch on the boat, but if I were vacationing in St. Croix I would have it on my list of places to try. The outdoor seating has a beautiful view.

Tip: We had trouble locating it at first thinking we must have passed it but it is located beyond all of the shops in town on Strand St. Eventually you will see a little archway with a path leading to the deli along the shore. All of the locals know where it is at.

• Visited February 2014
Dayton, Ohio
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We actually ate at Turtles After Dark, which is the upstairs restaurant above the deli. Same great food, good service. They offer a good dinner menu! We had the grouper and champagne chicken. No complaints, it was all great. It's a bit of a local hang out, and they were playing trivia that night, we didn't participate but listening was fun! I can't say much about the view due to darkness,but you could hear the ocean from our table. It's not a fancy place but they have good food, good service, at reasonable prices. There is a bar inside the restaurant with a large bar menu. Large portions abound.

• Visited January 2014