“Nice, uniquely made to order deli sandwiches”
Review of Turtle's Deli

Turtle's Deli
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Frederiksted
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Nice, uniquely made to order deli sandwiches”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We've visited St Croix every year for the past 3 years to visit my husband's family and I've always wanted to try Turtle's but never did.
Well, this time around I finally did and was not desapointed! I've added this place as one of the few places worth eating in, in all of St Croix.

The prices might seem a bit high for a deli but considering the high prices in the island, the taste, plus their sandwiches are a really nice size, it's actually worth it :-)

I got the Italian sandwich and the Curry Chicken for my husband. We were both really satisfied with one half and had to save the other half for later :-)

1 Thank TitoandVero

Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“Sunset view, tasty seafood”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Great location to watch sun set over ocean. Get there at 6:25 and sit at a table overlooking ocean. Good mahi tacos, shrimp scampi.

Visited March 2014
uk/usa
“good sandwich place”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

recently moved to st.croix. been to turtle's for lunch a couple times. located on a section of the island with beautiful water, good sand beach with easy non-rock access to water. sandwiches very good, made to order with whatever you want on them but chips, drinks etc are a la carte! about $11 a sandwich plus extras.

Visited March 2014
Vicenza, Italy
“Nice Lunch Stop”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Very good and unique sandwiches with generous portion sizes. We were a bit disappointed that the price of $11 for a sandwich did not include chips or anything with it, but those prices may be normal for St. Croix. Since we were on a cruise I think I would have rather eaten lunch on the boat, but if I were vacationing in St. Croix I would have it on my list of places to try. The outdoor seating has a beautiful view.

Tip: We had trouble locating it at first thinking we must have passed it but it is located beyond all of the shops in town on Strand St. Eventually you will see a little archway with a path leading to the deli along the shore. All of the locals know where it is at.

• Visited February 2014
Dayton, Ohio
“Very nice!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We actually ate at Turtles After Dark, which is the upstairs restaurant above the deli. Same great food, good service. They offer a good dinner menu! We had the grouper and champagne chicken. No complaints, it was all great. It's a bit of a local hang out, and they were playing trivia that night, we didn't participate but listening was fun! I can't say much about the view due to darkness,but you could hear the ocean from our table. It's not a fancy place but they have good food, good service, at reasonable prices. There is a bar inside the restaurant with a large bar menu. Large portions abound.

• Visited January 2014