“Lunch on the beach...what a VIEW!”
Review of Beach Side Cafe

Beach Side Cafe
Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Frederiksted
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoy our beautiful, open-air, seaside terrace restaurant offering cuisine to satiate discriminating palates in a romantic Caribbean setting. Picture yourself looking out into the horizon from your beach side table and watching the spectacular sunset each and every day! Dining at the Beach Side Cafe is truly an extraordinary experience. Lunches are casual from 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Our bar menu is available from 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Dinner starting at 5:00 - 9:00, is simply magical!!! Our award winning Chef Shawn Riley and his staff serve fresh seafood, prime steak, local vegetables with a wide variety of local and international influence. The bar features an array of delicious cocktails and mocktails by Dylan Rhyder and his staff. Saturday and Sunday we have our Beach Side Brunch from 10:00 - 3:00. Reservations are suggested but not required.
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife and I were there with our daughter, son-in-law and their children 3 & 6. We were served by Natalie and it was her first day! The service was a little on the slow side but then it's "island time" and the over all pace of life is slow and easy. Natalie was attentive and, although they did not have booster chairs for our 3 YO granddaughter she retrieved a couple seat cushions to address the situation...it worked. The drinks were good and the food delicious...the fact you are just a few feet from the ocean doesn't hurt the ambiance either. If your going to St. Croix, this is a great choice for a true tropical paradise dining experience.

2  Thank LuckyguyRaleigh

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed next door so needless to say the location was terrific for us, Elizabeth was the best as all of them, her humor made my evenings all the more enjoyable, Scott I believe was the best Bartender on the Island, and remembered my name like he knew me forever and made me feel so welcome, and Bruno ...well words cannot describe, but Awesome may give you a clue on his treatment of each table, now as for the food, not what I had expected but MORE! I have had fine dining in major cities and this was right up there, the Chief was very creative and all was yummmmmyyy!! the prices were no more than what I have paid where i live, and the View was everything. Thank you all and wish the Very Best for each of you.

3  Thank Geselle V
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place is connected to the hotel where we stayed and I'm truly happy that it was! The outside beachside setting had a beautiful view and the overall atmosphe was perfect for a delicious lunch or a romantic dinner. The staff were pleasant and knowledgable

3  Thank Valencia E
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is the restaurant of the Sancastle on the Beach hotel, where we stayed for 5 days. This is low season for them, but the food, SO well prepared and made to order, always please us so! You can go all American (this is the USVIs after all) and have a great burger or, being more inventive, try their fried to perfection calamari or go with a more sophisticated tuna tartare. Pork chops are like butter and the rice, veggies and potatoes get an extra twist byb a very knowledgeable chef. Drinks are poured with love and the staff is ever so nice. It definitely doesn't hurt that you are dining or eating AT the beach, being the sea a mere 30 yards from you. Bring an insect repellent just in case and ask for sauces on the side, if you, like me, don't like a very good piece of food smothered into too much sweetness.

2  Thank Robyuan
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We really loved everything about this restaurant. Great food--the lobster is bar none, the best I have ever tasted. The service is very attentive and accommodating.

2  Thank Karen O