“Wonderful Dining :)”
Review of Beach Side Cafe

Beach Side Cafe
Ranked #6 of 34 Restaurants in Frederiksted
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Beach Side Café at Sand Castle on the Beach Hotel offers open-air, seaside dining with spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea. Our varied menu offers fresh-catch seafood specials along with American favorites and local flavor. Thursday through Monday, service begins for lunch and dinner at 11am and continues throughout the day until 8:30pm. On weekends, brunch is served 10am until 3pm, and on Tuesdays and Wednesdays our outdoor grill serves up burgers, dogs, chicken and Mahi sandwiches. Throughout the week, our bar and lounge serves classic cocktails, draft beer and mocktails made from fresh local juices. Sunny lunches and moonlit dinners topped off with house-made desserts await you at the Beach Side Café.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed next door so needless to say the location was terrific for us, Elizabeth was the best as all of them, her humor made my evenings all the more enjoyable, Scott I believe was the best Bartender on the Island, and remembered my name like he knew me forever and made me feel so welcome, and Bruno ...well words cannot describe, but Awesome may give you a clue on his treatment of each table, now as for the food, not what I had expected but MORE! I have had fine dining in major cities and this was right up there, the Chief was very creative and all was yummmmmyyy!! the prices were no more than what I have paid where i live, and the View was everything. Thank you all and wish the Very Best for each of you.

3  Thank Geselle V

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place is connected to the hotel where we stayed and I'm truly happy that it was! The outside beachside setting had a beautiful view and the overall atmosphe was perfect for a delicious lunch or a romantic dinner. The staff were pleasant and knowledgable

3  Thank Valencia E
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is the restaurant of the Sancastle on the Beach hotel, where we stayed for 5 days. This is low season for them, but the food, SO well prepared and made to order, always please us so! You can go all American (this is the USVIs after all) and have a great burger or, being more inventive, try their fried to perfection calamari or go with a more sophisticated tuna tartare. Pork chops are like butter and the rice, veggies and potatoes get an extra twist byb a very knowledgeable chef. Drinks are poured with love and the staff is ever so nice. It definitely doesn't hurt that you are dining or eating AT the beach, being the sea a mere 30 yards from you. Bring an insect repellent just in case and ask for sauces on the side, if you, like me, don't like a very good piece of food smothered into too much sweetness.

2  Thank Robyuan
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We really loved everything about this restaurant. Great food--the lobster is bar none, the best I have ever tasted. The service is very attentive and accommodating.

2  Thank Karen O
Reviewed September 12, 2012

What a perfect way to end a day after visiting Frederiksted Pier, linch at Polly's, gift shopping at Franklin's ...dinner at the Beachside Cafe at sunset! Not to mention the quaint cottages next door at Cottages by the Sea! Cannot wait to return! Also enjoyed the morning brunch cart at the Cafe before departing the island!

2  Thank Justmeagrandma