“Delicious Local Home Cooking!”
Review of Villa Morales

Villa Morales
Ranked #7 of 30 Restaurants in Frederiksted
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is an island gem. It's only open Thurs.-Sat. so you have to plan ahead but it's worth it. I have eaten Puerto Rican and Caribbean food all over and this was some of the very best I've ever had. I don't know how you make beans like that, but they were incredible. I enjoy eating goat and the stew goat was the best I've had anywhere. My companions had fresh wahoo and salmon balls and loved them. We all enjoyed the johnny cakes too. I thought the conch chowder was way too salty but the conch was very tender. We were greeted by the owners as if they knew us but we had never met. The service was prompt and courteous. You can eat outside as we did on the warm night or inside where there is AC. We will be back to try everything on the menu when we can!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We've returned to our favorite Saturday night dinner spot at Villa Morales. It is more like being at home....whether a frequent guest or a new guest you'll not get a warmer welcome than at Villa Morales. JT's mojitos are the best, the food authentic, Angie keeps things running smoothly, Joyce and Carmen take good care of you at the table.
Don't miss it. Look for the sign off Centerline Road just outside of Frederiksted.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I are spending our first-ever trip to St. Croix and stumbled on to this local eatery. We had lunch there twice and enjoyed both visits. Family-owned, we got to know both JT and Joyce. JT is a fellow Lion and their local club meets at this restaurant twice a month. I knew it would be good because Lions know how to eat. The place is large, clean, and well-run. The local food is fantastic---no fries, just rice and beans, but delicious. Many unique choices. This is what makes travel fun. If you're on St. Croix, add this to your must-dos.

1  Thank IndianaJim
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Vila Morales, a family owned and operated Caribbean eatery ;ocated near the West End of the Island of St. Croix, has been a weekend refuge for my family and me for decades. They have been in business for well over fifty years; there is also a guest house attached with very nice, cozy rooms as well. They offer classic local Caribe style menu selection which hardly vary from week to week. The menu, written on a small white board which makes its way to your table courtesy of one of the friendly, efficient and mostly family wait staff, is small enough for habitues to have it well memorized. One can choose from beef or goat stew, a variety of fish/seafood dishes, chicken, a variety of pates (island style pasties), and other traditional Caribe plated. Any and everything on offer is well prepared and delicious, and the variety of side dishes--no less palatable--makes for an available variety that keeps the entire menu fresh and vibrant. Try the Fungi, which is not a mushroom dish but a dish of steamed finely gound corn meal and an old-time staple. It is a natural accompaniment to seafood.They offer one of the two best potato salads on the island, by the by...and the value for money is outstanding. Also, ask JT to make you one of his Mojitos--the best, I feel, in the Northern Hemisphere! Villa Morales opens at 10:30 AM ONLY ON Thursdays, Friday and Saturdays; they remain open "until". They also offer catering.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

First time I went there was in the late 70s, great local food then and it's still the same today. RT and his family run restaurant has been around for 65 years and it's still going strong. When I get back to the island I'll going there again.