All reviews microwave and fridge basic amenities will stay there again spent two nights close to the hotel st croix room was clean the staff was friendly and helpful hot water perfect location minute walk front office walking distance a great stay downtown christiansted boardwalk seaplane
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2019

I could almost rate this hotel a 2 but factored in my husband's opinion. Great location right on the boardwalk near restaurants and town. We walked everywhere including to the dive shops. Our view did not overlook the water but rather a back alley where trash is collected. Room provides basics... clean, hot water, decent night's sleep, doesn't break the bank, pool. Where I struggled is the lack of wifi. It was non-existent while in bed. You had to go out on the balcony or sit outside the room to connect. One time I had to walk to the front office because I couldn't connect on the balcony either. Ridiculous! My other issue was noise and security. On TWO nights someone beat on our door... first time around midnight... other 2 AM. Scared me silly. We ignored and didn't answer but for this to occur twice was unacceptable. We honestly felt like some people lived at the hotel based on the condition of some rooms as we walked by. I truly wanted to find another place to stay while on the island but my husband didn't want to be bothered. I would not return to this hotel. I would, however, return to Fredericksted. Overall loved the island, scuba diving and the water. We did not allow the hotel to ruin our trip.

Room tip: There are two rooms that have the great bays views. The rest look out the back alley.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2019 via mobile

I thought the room was cute not bad. Downfall is there is no elevator and the room wasn't as clean as it should've been. Arrived Friday left Monday and room was only cleaned Saturday. When I arrived at 4pm I needed help with my bags and was told there was nobody there until 7 that could help me. There should always be someone available since there are no elevators especially during check in.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2019

Spent two nights here on my first visit to St. Croix. The hotel is located in Christiansted, near the boardwalk, however there is a door that is locked on one side, and your room card does not open it, so you have to walk the long way around the building to get there.

Check in was fine. The major issue is there are only a few spaces to park, and they are all very tight. You have to park on the street near the hotel- that’s if there is room. The first night, I was forced to park in the downtown area. Luckily, my car was fine the next morning.

The rooms have outdoor entrances- three floors in each section. I was on the bottom floor, but did not hear noise from above.

The rooms are dated but functional. There is a microwave and fridge, plus a coffee maker with free coffee. The shower is a stand up with terrible water pressure and very slow drains. That part was annoying.

The TV has only a few channels, less than ten in fact, even though it is a cable hookup. Not sure why this is.

Housekeeping was very good both days. There is an outdoor pool but I did not use it. The rooms do not have a view of the boardwalk or ocean, at least mine didn’t. I did hear a couple do.

Checkout was easy too.

A restaurant is attached to the building (Angry Nate’s), but I did not get a chance to try it.

I stayed here for the lower price, and it is fairly reasonable compared to the other hotels on the island. If my travels take me back to St. Croix, I will consider staying here again.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

I’ve stayed at a few other hotels in Christiansted but this is my least favorite by far. The room was very outdated and walls were very thin. There was a heavy rain one night and then I noticed a leak in the bathroom. I also didn’t feel very safe. No elevator if you are staying on one of the upper floors.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for Thanksgiving weekend! We had a very relaxing time. Hotel overall was good. Front desk staff were nice and kind. The room was really nice and clean. The bathroom also clean and loved the hot water. Pool was all for ourselves and the view spectacular. Loved that it was steps to the boardwalk and so close to restaurants and the historic part.

Date of stay: November 2018