Holger Danske Hotel
  • Breakfast included
$225
$145
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

The Buccaneer St Croix(Christiansted)
$399
$284
Priceline
Hotel on the Cay(Christiansted)(Great Value!)
$247
$1,126
Cancelon
$149
Travelocity
All reviewsbasic amenitiesmicrowave and fridgetop floorexcursion boatsclean roomsst croixperfect locationno elevatorhistoric sitesbottled watergood sizeoverlooking the waterthe staff was friendly and helpfulhotel staffgreat place to staythe air conditioningrestaurant bar
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

I'm a little bit at a loss for how much I want to review about this hotel, so I will keep it short and to the point...

- only 2 rooms worth staying in. Do NOT stay in 214.
- its loud... As in very! Cape Air planes, Angry Nates, and a couple of abominable, local roosters will keep your sleep to a minimum.
- shower pressure? There is none. (even though I can deal with that)
- management is nice and fair
- location? There are other hotels on the boardwalk.
- price? Good and reasonable for what you get
- safety? Fugdhedaboutit!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank naturegirl_andi
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The room is simple but clean, it has a big balcony, a nice pool and is close to the boardwalk full of restaurants and where the night life is at ST Croix, I recommend to rent a car so you can explore the island the taxis are expensive and the best beaches are not in Christianted so is hardly recomend to rent a car. I've been to all US Virgin Islands and my favorite is St Johns, then St Thomas and St croix the last but it has nice stuff to offer. The hotel is good enough according to the price. I took groceries with me so I hardly spend food since I had there microwave and fridge. Is a little noisy because of the roosters in the mornings but coming from Puerto Rico that was not big deal to us.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with sea front view they are pretty!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AgnesPR
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My husband and I were given this as a gift for our honeymoon and we were not disappointed. The room was clean, the ac worked well and the water was always hot. The bed was comfortable and the porch was beautiful. Yes the "view" we had was of 8 foot wooden fences, but they brought the island inside the fences with beautiful trees, plants, and flowers you can find all over the island. But really what does it matter your here to see the island not the view from the hotel. It isn't a magnificent resort, but it was a very nice hotel. The staff was super nice. Gave us ideas of things to do on the island where to go and how to get there. We rented a jeep (highly recommend) and seen everything we could that week. Angry Mates is the restaurant/bar connected to the hotel. The staff was really informative. Gave us a wonderful history of the island. The food was wonderful (and expensive) . I would not have changed one thing..

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank silverrose75
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This hotel is at a great location- right on the harbor walk. However, the only 2 rooms that have a view of the harbor are at the end, and they are above Angry Nate's bar (can be loud well into the night).
The room I had was nice- adequately accomodated, clean, modestly stocked.
Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank emptynesters1985
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Spent Thanksgiving in room 315 - ocean view & it was wonderful! If an ocean view is important to you, would recommend upgrade to room 215 or 315. The location of the hotel is in Christiansted on the boardwalk. You can walk to all the great bars and restaurants. We rented a jeep to explore the island (highly recommend.) The hotel restaurant is "Angry Nates" and the food was great. Our room was very clean and the staff was pleasant. This hotel is probably not be for the "resort traveler." I would say more for the "explorers." Easy access to scuba and fishing. St. Croix is a quiet island, laid back, not a lot of tourism and I think the locals like it that way. We went to many beaches and had them all to ourselves - pure paradise!!!

Room Tip: Room 215 - ocean view and walks out directly to pool deck. Room 315 - amazing ocean view with balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple