“Had high expectations”
Review of Salud Bistro - CLOSED

Salud Bistro
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Your hidden gem on St. Croix. Mediterranean-inspired bistro cuisine, Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, and revolutionary cocktails. Cozy bistro ambience, airconditioned, with plenty of parking in a convenient mid-island location. Named St. Croix's #1 Dining Destination!
Bellingham, Massachusetts
“Had high expectations”
Reviewed November 11, 2009

I read alot of good things about this restaurant before I went to St Croix so perhaps my expectations were high. It wasn't bad but I expected more. We went on Tuesday night which is their Spanish night. Place is cute, service was pretty good. I had the salad with fish and DH had the paella special. We split the cheesecake for dessert. All was just ok. The 2 for 1 wine bottle special is a deal but since I only drink wine we didn't take advantage. We have alot of really great spanish/portuguese restauarants at home so I think I'm just spoiled. :) This was also out most expensive dinner of the week(though still not too bad pricewise).

St. Croix, VI
“Terrific restaurant with very interesting and delicious menu items”
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Salud is one of my favorite places to eat on St. Croix. The food is wonderful and creative. My husband loves the fresh soups (they change often), the chef's "fish on a whim", and the steak frites. Being a vegetarian, I adore the mac n' cheese, the cheese plate, the falafel, the chop salad, and of course all of the delicious desserts. They also have a very creative bar selection including tons of different mojito flavors, home-made liquors and seltzers, and they even have amazing wines on tap! Salud never disappoints!

1 Thank stxtraveler79
san diego
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“amazing!”
Reviewed August 15, 2009

Great food, creative drinks, well rounded wine list! Even the bread served before dinner was fabulous! The lamb chops are to die for, great paella and the mac and cheese is divine. Gotta love 2 for 1 bottles of wine on tuesdays too! All was so delicious and surprisingly affordable for the island.

MA
“Loved their food!”
Reviewed May 24, 2009

Visited St. Croix last year and this was my favorite meal while on the island. The bread served before the meal was to die for, and ribs were delicious (not something I normally order but wanted a change from the fish dishes) Hubby ordered a chicken dish, but delighted in sharing my ribs. I would definitely make a return visit to Salud if and when I return to St. Croix...which I also loved.