Arawak Bay: the Inn at Salt River
The Buccaneer St Croix(Christiansted)
$399
$299
Club Comanche(Christiansted)
$249
$157
  • Breakfast included
$225
  • Pool
Hotel on the Cay(Christiansted)(Great Value!)
$240
Holger Danske Hotel(Christiansted)
$116
$174
Travelocity
$80
  • Restaurant
All reviewshonor barconference roomgracious hostsplace to stayevery morninghome away from homemassage chairamazing womanslept like a babyterrific cookdive groupst croixrooms are comfortableoutdoor barwonderful islandsalted fisha wonderful stay
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This was our first visit to St. Croix. We came to visit our son and daughter in law. Jennifer and Lionel are outstanding hosts!! The room was great! View from balcony was of the ocean! Constant breeze!
Breakfast was always good. Jennifer and Lionel changed up the menu each morning. Of course you could order what you wanted, but why. The location is ideal. Only about 10 minutes from Cane Bay Dive Shop and about 35 or so minutes from the airport.
Christiansted & Fredricksted are easy drives from the Inn. There is an outside pool and bar also.
Our time was short, however when we do return we will definately contact Jennifer & Lionel for another great St. Croix lodging experience!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerry W
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This was my first visit to St. Croix and it was one of the best vacations I have had in years. My daughter and I plan to make this an annual trip. The owners, Jennifer and Lionel were gracious hosts who were helpful with everything we needed. Cleanliness, honesty and comfort is a top priority at Arawak. This is a lovely, quiet part of the island and the rooms have spectacular views and it's safe. It's close to the beach and if you want a good workout try walking up 'The Scenic Road' or go kayaking where you will get a history lesson and have fun too. I HIGHLY recommend Arawak Bay.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny and higher floors have spectacular views
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2014

What an absolutely fantastic experience I had staying at the Arawak Inn! The room was immaculate, the beds were so comfortable, and the view of the ocean from the 2nd floor balcony was truly amazing! Arawak’s location on the Island is PERFECT, meaning, it is secluded for privacy and is very peaceful so you can rest BUT it is close to EVRYTHNG St. Croix has to offer; scuba, horseback riding, ocean kayaking, the bioluminescence bay, national parks, the beaches, cultural locations, farmers market, snorkeling, hiking the rain forest, charter boats, restaurants/bars and the shopping. Only a ten minute ride from the airport too! Bring your appetite because they cook up a TON of food for breakfast and it is AWESOME!! If you are into wildlife and birds Arawak’s beautiful flowering landscape that surrounds the building allows you to see a variety of species without ever leaving the porch! While drinking the most delicious cup of coffee made by Jennifer every morning and sitting on the front porch watching the sunrise over the ocean I saw Mongoose, Anole, Green Iguana, Scaly-Naped Pigeon, White-Wing Dove, Antillean Crested Hummingbird, Loggerhead Kingbird, Pearly-Eyed Thrasher, Connecticut Warbler, Bananaquit, Black-Faced Grassquit, Little-Blue Heron, Cattle Egret, Lesser Antillean Bullfinch, and American Kestrel! A wildlife watcher’s dream morning –every morning at Arawak!! But without a doubt, it was the owners of Arawak, Jennifer and Lionel, that make this place extremely exceptional! In all my travels I have never experienced the type of amazing hospitably that these folks provided. I have never met as friendly, generous, accommodating and knowledgeable owner of an inn as I did with Jennifer! If you had a question or needed something and she did not have it (which was rare) –by the end of the day she had it for you. She spoke to you and treated you as one of her family. In fact , I had only stayed 7 days there but at the end of my stay I felt like I knew this women for years and was an old friend. I felt like a part of her family when I left and feel I have a new friend for life in Jennifer! Jennifer and Lionel are very well liked and known on the island and have many contacts that proved extremely valuable for obtaining information on where to go, what to do and even got my group access to places that the typical traveler would never know to go (like hidden waterfalls in the rainforest or tidal pools). Politicians, cultural experts, natural resource and wildlife experts, University and research staff, local farmers, restaurant owners, education and recreational entities, Jennifer knew them ALL (and by first name)! This was truly a trip I will never forget and it was all because of the fine people and accommodations at the Arawak Inn!!!

Room Tip: The 2nd floor has the best view of the ocean!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank john p
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My stay was for two weeks at Arawak Bay @ Salt River. After the second day, your appetite for breakfast becomes larger than ever before. The beds were of top quality, as well as the view and cleanliness. Wouldn't choose anywhere else to recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SkydiveVI
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Great location and the owners are very helpful and friendly. Love that part of the island. The breakfast was very nice every morning. We would stay there next time in St Croix. Jennifer was very helpful with everything you need

Room Tip: Pick a second floor room for a view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business