“St. Croix Seclusion”
Review of Villa Margarita

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christiansted
Villa Margarita
Ranked #2 of 13 Christiansted B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 2, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a weeklong stay on St. Croix, five nights of which were spent at VM. We had both gone through a very busy 6 month period leading up to the trip and were looking for a place to just relax on the beach and do a whole lot of nothing. VM was the perfect place to do just that. I must admit I was a little hesitant to stay in a smaller hotel/villa because we wanted privacy, but as someone commented earlier, Adele and John strike a great balance of making you feel welcome while allowing you privacy. The villa and the room are well-equipped and the hosts are knowledgeable and friendly and happy to share their extensive knowledge of the island. The location is excellent for exploring the island, but you will probably want to rent a car. Adele recommended JudiofCroix.com and they were excellent, they get you in your car and on your way within a few minutes and return couldn't be easier, no standing in line. There are several good restaurants, beaches and other attractions within a reasonable drive. We stayed in the West Suite and the room was very quiet and comfortable. I wish I could package up the sound of the breeze and waves; they made for a wonderfully peaceful night’s sleep. We never considered turning on the A/C. I won’t go on restating what the other reviewers have already written; VM is a great place to stay and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Villa Margarita

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Villa Margarita is the best! I've traveled all over the world and have stayed in 5 star to no star hotels- this is among my top 5. I had the best time! Adele and John are fabulous- they have thought of everything (even a little night light in the bathroom so you aren't stumbling around in unfamiliar places!). I stayed 5 nights and did NOT want to leave. Adele and John give you tips on local events, bands, restaurants, outings -- everything, including certainly some things I would have missed had they not told me (the rainforest road, for one). They host happy hours and make you feel welcome -- and they do this while at the same time allowing you privacy -- a hard combination to pull off well, but they do so. The villa was great- it doesn't get better than sleeping with screens open with the breeze blowing while you fall asleep to the sounds of waves. Their little beach was paradise- I had it completely to myself. I had a super relaxing and fun filled vacation all at the same time and left knowing that I will be back! Great place, great people, great island. Just Go!

Room Tip: Any of them!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Joey213
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Villa Margarita is the best! My husband and I spent ten days at V.M. And thoroughly enjoyed every minute. The studio was perfect for the two of us, immaculate and convenient to the pool, hot tub and beach. Adele and John: kudos for running a great place. We have been to St. Croix for many years, stayed in many places, but will never stay anywhere other than Villa Margarita. We cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: Nothing is other than perfect at this place.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My wife and Ijust returned from a stay(too short) at the Villa Margarita. It is impossible to give this hotel and John and Adele enough praise. Great location with two of the nicest hosts you could find. They take the time with you to offer you their expertise regarding the island. They also host agraet happy hour where you get to meet and talk with the other guests. We would recommend the Villa Magarita to anyone. We will be back.

1  Thank 1066hal
Reviewed February 2, 2012

My best friend and I visited Villa Margarita in January. This is the first time we have stayed in a B&B/Villa in the Caribbean, and I may never go back to the big hotels! What a fantastic experience. John and Adele were there to welcome us with open arms to the villa. We were fortunate enough to get the studio apartment downstairs, and all the comments about the cross breeze from the east is completely true! We didn't need air conditioning all week, and got to walk out onto the back deck and directly down to the pool. We also had a beautiful view of the ocean and some of the North Wall dive sites in addition to St Thomas, St John and the BVIs in the distance. The villa is nicely situated almost equidistant from Fredricksted and Christiansted, and is just a short walk from the Salt River Bay Park. It is also an easy drive to the beach at Cane Bay and the dining options in that area.

From the time we contacted Adele and John to when we left we got great advice on where to go and where to eat, and most importantly how to get there! They certainly know how to make you feel comfortable and at home. And don't miss happy hour! John has built the most awesome tiki bar out back near the pool, and given the right conditions I'm sure the fire pit would also be wonderful (it was a little too breezy while we were there!). The other amenities including satellite TV and WiFi were welcome bonuses! If and when I return to St Croix I would not think twice about staying at Villa Margarita! Thanks John and Adele for a fantastic stay!

Room Tip: The 1st floor studio is wonderful!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2012

What a magnificent location, and what magnificent hosts! John and Adele have created a wonderful villa experience, from the great rooms and the extra amenities, to the super island drink specialities at happy hour. This is in addition to the fantastic location right on the north shore of St. Croix, just a few hundred feet from the Christopher Columbus landing site.

St. Croix is already a vacation paradise. Villa Margarita is that wonderful cherry on top. It would be worth the money at twice the price.

Room Tip: If you can get the downstairs studie, you can enjoy the cross breeze from the East as you sleep, and...
1  Thank David F
margaritastx, Owner at Villa Margarita, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review.
Hope you are enjoying my rum drink recipes.
We hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I concur with “perfect” and every other positive description made about this place. It is truly a gem. I can’t believe how awesome Adele and John are; they’ve thought of everything and are such generous, hospitable hosts! The property is beautiful, serene, and relaxing, inside and out. The room was incredible; we woke up to the sound of the ocean and a wonderful breeze every morning. I am so glad I didn’t stay elsewhere, I can’t imagine having missed the opportunity to stay here and the wonderful week we had. Adele and John know the best restaurants, activities and beaches and are so willing to share their experiences with visitors, it was great. I’ve had a lot of good vacations and always try to stay at a small Inn or B&B type of place, and I’ve never had such an awesome experience. The place is a little hard to find if you are not familiar with the area, so make sure you don’t forget those easy directions Adele will send you.  It was so worth finding and we can’t wait to go back someday!

Room Tip: The Studio Suite has a wonderful cross breeze & the better kitchen counter space. It also walks...
1  Thank sheriberi992

Thank you so much for your kind words.
It was a pleasure getting to know you both.
Hope you will return one day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansted
Hotel on the Cay
Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa
The Palms at Pelican Cove
The Palms at Pelican Cove
#2 of 14 in Christiansted

Been to Villa Margarita? Share your experiences!