“Open water fun!”
Review of Kite St. Croix

Kite St. Croix
Ranked #13 of 27 Tours in Christiansted
More attraction details
Owner description: Kite St Croix is the premier kiteboarding and paddle boarding school in the Virgin Islands ,located on St Croix for the past twelve years.Our school is fully insured, all instructors are PASA certified.All our instruction is tailored to each student, from beginners to advanced riders to the more adventurous who want to try wave riding.All lessons are done with chase boat, so your maximize water time.We are also a dealer for a large variety of kiteboarding equipment and paddle boards. We offer lessons and rentals of sup boards at the beautiful Buccaneer Hotel.
Reviewed January 15, 2013

If you are looking for a place to learn to kiteboard or stand up paddle board, Kite St Croix is the place to go! Bill Kraft is an excellent teacher/ instructor and a very good friend! I recommend him to anyone!

There are newer reviews for Kite St. Croix

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This being the largest of the US Virgin Islands I thought it would be hugely commercialised and full of tourists like ourselves. How wrong could I be; we were only there for one day on our cruise but the island was our favourite of them all. At present only one cruise line visits the island resulting in a very pleasant experience and a feeling of not being crowded, especially in the pleasant shopping area near the ship. There is a beautiful stretch of beach nearby with a beach view snack bar, also near the ship is a small harbour with a few luxury boats. We visited Christainsted on the other side of the island, a small town with a beautiful tranquil harbour with a few small cafes,bars and a good selection of shops. There is a small island about 100 yards from the harbour containing a hotel complex, which looked idyllic. The scenery of the island is magnificent and mainly unspoilt, I would recommend a tour including a trip through the rain forest.

I would recommend a visit to this island if you need the prefect get away from it all experience.

1  Thank cosy504022
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I am a beach person, now living in the mountains of Western NC, so when planning our trip for the Holidays to St Croix, I thought: why not giving a try to kite surfing? Well, I went for it, and I did it with Bill. All I can say is: What a GREAT experience! Bill uses an approach to instruction that is tailored to the individual. He will watch your progress closely and help you improve as you go, by telling you what you need to correct through the walkie talkie, which I found a very effective way of teaching! I was impressed with Bill's professionalism, approach to teaching (especially his patience!) and his concern for safety. I also had the pleasure of meeting Bill's wife, Isabelle, who happens to be another kitesurfing PRO (you should see her do big air tricks 30 feet high)! What a very nice, hospitable couple they are! They welcomed my partner and me, and we felt very much like at home (my partner read at their home beach while I was in the water). It was a joy learning how to kitesurf with Bill and meeting Isabelle, and for sure will be back!

1  Thank MarianoGL
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Spent some time with owner operator Bill Kraft of Kite St Croix, very knowledgable tour guide, kite surfing instructor, waterman. Felt very safe having Bill watch over our family while paddle boarding and learning to Kite Surf. Can't wait to go back to learn some Big Air Tricks! Thank you for the amazing adventure .... The DeFilippis Family

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Had a great time learning to kite from Bill! I've spent most of life on the water and am always worried about safety. Bill kept me safe, and made me feel safe in the water. After my lessons, I was so impressed with Bill's knowledge and style of teaching that I allowed my 16 year old daughter to take lessons - a big deal for an overprotective father. We both loved it, what a great experience!!!