“Great guides and an excellent time”

BushTribe Eco Adventures
Ranked #7 of 27 Tours in Christiansted
More attraction details
Owner description: BushTribe Eco Adventures offers exciting kayaking, hiking and snorkeling tours all over the island of St. Croix USVI!! They conduct their tours at morning, day and night! Anything from bioluminescent kayaking in Salt River National Park to hiking or snorkeling the east and west ends of the island. Focusing on outdoor education and fun local island stories, BushTribe's adventures are not only educational, but fun as well! In addition to Eco Tours, BushTribe offers and will facilitate Private Events on their beautiful Salt River Palm Tree grove! This includes anything from live musical entertainment and catering to campfires and kayaking/hiking adventures! Bush Tribe is a flexible, fun and unique island experience for people of all ages! Call them up and book your adventure today!
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Travis, Ty, and Alex do a great job on their tours by including interesting banter, science and history discussions, and a personable and friendly approach. We found this company while wondering around the island looking for stuff to do (after getting lost a couple of times). They are fairly informal and very personable, but don't expect anything formal or fancy.

The Biolum tour was fantastic fun!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Ty and his bother were fantastic! We learned a lot about different things. Had some coconut water and fresh coconut.. 3 days after the full moon we headed out to the mangroves and the bioluminescent ponds. They made sure the lifejackets were right on us so when we sat in the kayak we were comfortable.....Then approx. 56 min after the sun went down they said get ready we may see the 1/4" glow worms along the shore if we are lucky. Oh my they were out. They seemed to be 3 inches long but they excrete something that makes them look longer. One actually came in the bottom of our kayak and swam in it. That was something they never had happen. Then onto the ponds. Amazing! The glows were beyond belief! I held a combjelly fish in my hand that Ty handed to me. It felt like egg whites. I would move my hand around in the waters and it looked like I was spreading fairy dust. Ty said I could jump in and swim with them but I don't know how I would get in or out of the kayak.....So don't miss this while on the island. I wish I went on the hiking and snorkeling trips with them but next time. These guys really love their job!~ thanks for a wonderful last night on the island!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

we went out for the bioluminescent tour but were disappointed. Unfortunately for us the guide had five people on the tour he knew and so the evening centered around them and who knew who on the island and what boat was owned by whom. We felt like outsiders. It may have been a bad night for the bioluminescent and I understand that but we felt short changed by the guide and his friends. I know this is a fairly new company but when we where in the dark paddling I saw other tour operators that did there best to put some kind of light on each kayak so the guide could keep track of his tour. Some even had forward and rear guides so no one would get lost in the dark. Several times I stopped paddling to let another couple catch up to us so they wouldn't get lost.

3  Thank Karl J
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I would recommend the bioluminescent kayaking tour as one of the MUST DO activities on the island. Ty, co-owner and guide, was so knowledgeable, funny, encouraging (it is a little scary kayaking in the ocean at night), and entertaining. He knows his stuff. While we crossed the bay and kayaked into Trident Bay and then the bioluminescent bay, Ty told us all about the marine life, the flora and fauna of the island, the stars, and other natural wonders. He even let us swim in the bio bay (I noticed other kayaking tour guides not allowing their guests to do so). The bio bay was unbelievable--to see the plankton glow as you frustrated their habitat was surreal. We even saw glow worms and glowing jelly fish. Awesome. Word of caution: if you are expecting the bio scene out of Life of Pi, you'll need to adjust your expectations. Hate to break it to you, but that was all CGI. Take this tour, and you'll not regret it.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The kayaking out to the cove to discover the bioluminescences in St. Croix was magnificent. Travis as our guide made the trip informative, fun and definitely a must for those traveling to St. Croix. The adventure for my just my husband and I was something we will treasure in our memories because I’ll be darn if I could get a good photograph. I experienced holding a jelly fish that surpassed any squeamish thought anyone could have. Truly magical…… Ask for Travis and you will have a blast.