“Incredible Italian”

Cultured Pelican
Ranked #52 of 114 Restaurants in Christiansted
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An Al Fresco dining room with a magnificent Caribbean view. The menu is Home style Italian featuring veal, pastas, local seafood and local farm salads. Open Tues - Sun eves for dinner from 6pm.Complete dinner special for $25. Includes appetizer, Entrtee and dessert. Avail 6 - 7pm every dat except Thurs.
Reviewed July 31, 2016

The menu is so diverse there's no way you can't be satisfied. The wine selection is just as diverse and you can pair it with any dish that is just tantalizing to the palate

Reviewed April 21, 2016

My wife and I ate here recently, near the end of a 2-week trip to St. Croix, and wished we'd tried it sooner (so we could go back several times during our stay)!

The restaurant was celebrating their 25th anniversary, and as such, had a special (3 course I believe it was) menu you could opt to choose from, which we did. We had different items so we could sample off each others plates. I had the Mozzarella En Carrozza for my appetizer, Chicken Parmigiana (main course) and olive oil cake for desert. My wife had Eggplant Rollitini (appetizer), Fettuccini with meatballs (main) and a Cannoli for desert.

My wife is half Italian (her mom spent her childhood growing up in Italy), so we eat a lot of home made Italian food, and we went to tour of all the main cities in Italy for our honeymoon and ate a lot of great food in Italy. So I'd like to think we know Italian food pretty well.

Our hats are off to the chef... this was some of the best Italian food we've ever had! Every single dish was wonderful! My wife even commented saying she'd never tasted meatballs made exactly like her mom used to from anywhere else before now. (Now as someone who grew up on more American food myself, even Americanized Italian food, the meatball look huge to me, but she insisted that's the way the real Italian immigrants made them back when she was a child.) I'd never had Chicken Parm so good myself, in fact I rarely get it because most places (or people) are not as good as they think they are at making it... the chef here does, and makes it very well! Her cannoli was soft and creamy (not hard crispy like some make them)... she let me have a bite... best cannoli I've ever had. I've had store bought ones, and wondered why people think they were so good.... now I finally get it, this one was awesome! The olive oil cake was wonderful as well, just the right amounts of flavors, moist... I was full when desert was served, but I made room!

I saw another reviewer noted they only saw 2 servers. I think that's how many they had when we went as well, but it was not very busy, 2 was more than enough... our server (a German born American, her name escapes me) was superb! We got there when they first opened (6pm), so we were the first to be seated, along with another couple... the view of the ocean and Buck Island from atop the hill were excellent as well.

The only negative of the entire experience (which was not within the control of the restaurant) were that the mosquitos came out about half way into the meal (it's all outdoor/covered seating). They had plenty of Off spray for us to use (we just had to step outside the dining area to apply it, not a problem). We really hadn't had a problem with them for most of the 2 weeks we were on island, but earlier that day it had rained (a bit more than just a quick shower) and the breezes had died down... humid and calm air, led to mosquitos coming out in drives. But again, not anything the restaurant can control (short of converting to an indoor restaurant, which is not where you usually want to eat in paradise).

Oh, and it was a bit pricey my mainland standards, but on par with island prices. Since this was near the end of our trip, we'd mostly gotten over our food sticker shock... everywhere to eat on the island (short of maybe chain restaurants like McD's, Subway, etc.) was pretty pricey. You just have to expect that on an island.

Kudos to the chef and his wonderful team... next vacation to St. Croix, we WILL be going here more often!

Reviewed April 3, 2016

We ate dinner here one of our 10 nights on the island. The food was very good but the service was a bit lacking. There seemed to only be 2 wait staff for the entire place so service was a bit slow, but overall our experience at this restaurant was very good and we would return on our next trip to the island. The food was very good.

Reviewed March 31, 2016

Pasta is always great. It rained during our visit under the open air top. The staff quickly moved everyone to the drier areas and we all had a great time.

Reviewed March 24, 2016

The restaurant is in a pleasant setting run by an owner chef. The restaurant is celebrating its 25th anniversary, so it has some staying power. The fresh catch of the day prepared Pelicano style was very tasty. Save some room for the homemade desserts, especially the Tiramisu..

This is a nice dining experience in an area where the choices are limited.