“Handmade gelatos and sorbets with environmentally friendly packaging”
Review of Jaccar

Jaccar
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Christiansted
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children
Description: Jaccar Ice Cream & Desserts is a USVI brand of artisan-made frozen and baked desserts using mostly locally sourced, organic ingredients. It is our intention to “sweeten” anyone’s day, and so we offer vegan, gluten-free and adult options of ice cream, sorbet and more, with new flavors being introduced each month. Most containers, utensils and packaging for our products are biodegradable, and for those that aren’t we offer the Sustainable Scoops Program. For more details, please visit our website. We are conveniently located in Gallows Bay Commercial Center in Christiansted, and we’re open Tuesday-Saturday from 11am-6pm and Sunday from 2pm-6pm. Catering also available. We offer a variety of desserts such as wedding and custom cakes, cupcakes, cake pops, chocolate covered treats by order.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stopped here for the first time the week of Labor Day. I had read all about this place on TripAdvisor previously and I saw an ad in a magazine promoting their push-pops. I thought that was such a cool idea and cravings ensued. I ended up getting a large mocha and stracciatella gelato instead of the push pops just because of the price vs. size difference. It was so delicious. I love that everything is handmade and all of their packaging is biodegradable. The spoon I ate it with was made out of corn, but it looked and felt like plastic! I thought that was super cool. I will definitely be coming back every time I visit the island.

jaccar, Owner at Jaccar, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for your great review, we appreciate you taking the time to write it for our shop. We are so glad that you enjoyed your Gelato. We strive to make a healthy and tasty Gelato, and are glad we are suceeding on this.

Thanks again for your review.
Regards,
Jacky and Carole
Jaccar Sorbet

There are newer reviews for Jaccar

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The sorbets and gelatos are very good. Not the best I've ever had, but the flavor can not be beat. They have a great balance of flavor, especially with the island flavors. Do yourself a favor, get the flavors you can't get anywhere else (there are quite a few of them).

They have fruit right from the island, from the tropical forest to the local producers and wild fruit trees there. The difference in flavor is obvious.

We went there with my little one on our last day there and bought quite a bit, but they are a great option to buy ahead of time (they close at 5:30-6 I think) for a great dessert for the evening after a dinner somewhere else, but you have to think ahead of time. And they're cheaper than getting an expensive and not so great dessert somewhere else.

The service is great, mostly because the owners are friendly and engaging and will explain and describe everything on their extensive list of sorbets and gelatos.

jaccar, Owner at Jaccar, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for your raving review, we really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We are glad you liked all the flavors you tried.

Thanks again for the review.
Jacky & Carole
Jaccar Organic Sorbet

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The owner was very nice and told us all about the gelato. Lots of great (tropical/local) flavors. He also has homemade sorbet too, and some cookies/candies

jaccar, Owner at Jaccar, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor, we really appreciate it. We are glad you enjoyed your Gelato at our shop, we strive to use quality items and hope our customers enjoy what we do.

THanks again.
Regards,
Jacky and Carole
Jaccar Organic Sorbet

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Wonderful gelato and sorbets packed with flavor!! We drove down from the Buccaneer for a taste and really enjoyed the treat.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Many great flavors of sorbet.-loved the mango. Place is a little hard to find in Gallows Bay area. Just a little area to sit, and nothing to look at, but the taste is worth finding the shop.