New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Jaccar

Jaccar
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Christiansted
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are located in Gallows Bay (St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands), behind Maria's Cantina facing East. We sell Vegan Fruit Sorbet and Popsicles, with fruits sourced from Local Farmers. We also make Artisan Ice Cream, Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip & Oatmeal Cookies, Coconut Macaroons, Butter Toffee, Peppermint Candy Toffee, Smoothies & Milk Shakes (adult or virgin). We also offer a large variety of toppings, from our homemade cookies and coconut macaroons, to toasted coconut, mint chocolate chips, Reese's Pieces and more! We also sell local beverages like Passionfruit Juice, Tamarind Juice, Lemonade, Maubi & Peanut Punch. We feature a weekly cake or baked treat. We also sell Coquito & Pistachio Coquito by Crucian Paradise Drinks-a local small business. Most containers and utensils we serve with our products are Biodegradable and Compostable. If you are celebrating an occasion, whether it be a wedding, party or other event, we offer services ranging from takeout options and entire ice cream buffets. Call for inquiries or email us today! See You Soon!#TeamJaccar
Port Ewen, New York
“Excellent all natural sorbet/gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

While on St. Croix 2 years ago, we stumbled on Jaccar. The sorbet was very good and they had a few flavors. We just returned from another trip there and they have "expanded". Same store located in Gallows Bay, but many more flavors, also Gelato and smoothies. All the ingredients are local from what the owners told us. In between customers, they can be found zesting lemons, limes or whatever else they are about to make. The biggest problem is there are so many good flavors to choose from, sorbet and/or gelato. We ended up going back 3 times in a week, including departure day. One guy even filled his "frequent customer card", so he got a free 4 oz sorbet for the road. If you're visiting St. Croix, this is a must visit.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

If you want to try different tropical fruits in tasty sorbet and gelato form this is the place! There were fruits I have never even heard of he has a little book that tells you all about each one. It was wonderful! I had no health concerns like the other reviewer. They even have exciting cookies!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Fizzgig T
Long Beach, California
“Hmmmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Okay, we loved the premise of this frozen treat shop. I mean who can resist spicy chocolate gelato? Well, I did because the owner did something that turned me off. When we got there he was waiting on a customer but as he finished bagging the goods, he started coughing. He coughed right into his hands, hard and many times. He did not change the gloves and asked us what would we like. Trying not to cause a scene, I decided to give him a chance. I asked if he had samples and he said yes. He went into the freezer and go the spicey chocolate and scrapped out a small spoonful for me. Then my friend asked and she got here sample. However, he started coughing again and I decided I'd had enough and did not purchase anything. My friend ordered a small. He sold her the one I'd sampled out of. So, the health rules on the island must be different from the mainland but to be hones, to me it was about common courtesy. Jaccar's was not a favorite. I preferred the locals' natural drinks like bush tea, mauby and sorrel.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank pearlyvictoria
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Yummy Gelato and Sorbet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We just returned from St Croix and are so happy that we tried Jaccar. Jacky and Carol were wonderful and we ended up returning twice more during our stay. We loved the flavors and tried different ones each time. The watermelon mint pops, Aztec chocolate gelato and peppermint candy gelato were favorites. It was great to see a business that uses compostible and recyclable materials. They take so much care in making their products. We can't wait to return and try more flavors!

• Visited August 2012
“delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I love all the different flavors! They are really creative here. An excellent way to spend an afternoon in gallows bay.

Visited August 2012