“Love it!”

Jaccar
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Christiansted
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children
Description: Jaccar Ice Cream & Desserts is a USVI brand of artisan-made frozen and baked desserts using mostly locally sourced, organic ingredients. It is our intention to “sweeten” anyone’s day, and so we offer vegan, gluten-free and adult options of ice cream, sorbet and more, with new flavors being introduced each month. Most containers, utensils and packaging for our products are biodegradable, and for those that aren’t we offer the Sustainable Scoops Program. For more details, please visit our website. We are conveniently located in Gallows Bay Commercial Center in Christiansted, and we’re open Tuesday-Saturday from 11am-6pm and Sunday from 2pm-6pm. Catering also available. We offer a variety of desserts such as wedding and custom cakes, cupcakes, cake pops, chocolate covered treats by order.
Reviewed November 1, 2012

If you want to try different tropical fruits in tasty sorbet and gelato form this is the place! There were fruits I have never even heard of he has a little book that tells you all about each one. It was wonderful! I had no health concerns like the other reviewer. They even have exciting cookies!

1  Thank Fizzgig T

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Okay, we loved the premise of this frozen treat shop. I mean who can resist spicy chocolate gelato? Well, I did because the owner did something that turned me off. When we got there he was waiting on a customer but as he finished bagging the goods, he started coughing. He coughed right into his hands, hard and many times. He did not change the gloves and asked us what would we like. Trying not to cause a scene, I decided to give him a chance. I asked if he had samples and he said yes. He went into the freezer and go the spicey chocolate and scrapped out a small spoonful for me. Then my friend asked and she got here sample. However, he started coughing again and I decided I'd had enough and did not purchase anything. My friend ordered a small. He sold her the one I'd sampled out of. So, the health rules on the island must be different from the mainland but to be hones, to me it was about common courtesy. Jaccar's was not a favorite. I preferred the locals' natural drinks like bush tea, mauby and sorrel.

1  Thank pearlyvictoria
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We just returned from St Croix and are so happy that we tried Jaccar. Jacky and Carol were wonderful and we ended up returning twice more during our stay. We loved the flavors and tried different ones each time. The watermelon mint pops, Aztec chocolate gelato and peppermint candy gelato were favorites. It was great to see a business that uses compostible and recyclable materials. They take so much care in making their products. We can't wait to return and try more flavors!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I love all the different flavors! They are really creative here. An excellent way to spend an afternoon in gallows bay.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I've just been to Jaccar Sorbet. As a local, this place could get very dangerous for me! Fortunately, they have a wonderful 4oz serving that is just enough of an indulgence to satisfy my sweet tooth! Today I tried the spicy Aztec chocolate gelato - wonderful chocolate flavor that progresses on to a variety of spices - yum! My hubby got the fresh mint gelato - you could taste the mint (as in the plant, not just the single flavor the food industry tells us is mint).

1  Thank Lisa M