“Still one of the best kitchens/bars I've been to.”
Review of Tavern 1844

Tavern 1844
Ranked #42 of 109 Restaurants in Christiansted
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: An Traditional Pub in paradise, with an enormous beer menu, ice cold drafts, and amazing burgers along with other incredible pub fare. With an air conditioned bar and isolated beer garden in the back, we have a variety of seating for you to choose.
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This place is still one of my top 5 favorite bars anywhere. Their selection of beers is great, better than most in major cities, and their kitchen turns out great food.

The kitchen is slow, but takes their work serioiusly enough to not let someone order a high quality and expensive beef burger past medium. Their service is attentive and they obviously care about their customers.

Do not get the dessert shots though, they are terrible.

This place is about a great selection of good beer (trappists, pale ales, porters, exotics, and many of them) and creative and thoughful but high quality bar food . The best chicken wings I've ever had, with a parmesan garlic sauce that was clearly something they put some work into. And since it's on the island they can get great fresh seafood. I had some of the most well prepared shrimp I have ever had (including 5 star restaurants) and they can cook lobster well.

It's definitely heavy food, and not cheap for a bar (nothing on the island is) but it is well done.

The kitchen oversalted a pork chop special (the chops aren't worth it btw) and they overcooked a burger (their signature dish) once but I've been many times and they are very consciencious about that and immediately corrected the error, quickly cooking another burger for me.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

What more can I say than this was the best food that I had during my 2 week stay in St Croix. Awesome burgers. And the drunken pig sandwich was fantastic!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

If you enjoy a good pub this is the place. Laid back atmosphere, good drinks, excellent food. The fried oysters and lobster fritters were amazing.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is essentially a bar and grill that goes the extra mile. You can opt to have your hamburger made with Waygu beef, which is out of this world, and each day there is a special hamburger choice with an exotic topping. As for the Irish egg rolls, they are actually egg rolls filled with corned beef, Swiss cheese and sauerkraut (think Reuben) and are scrumptious. Don't miss the French fries cooked in duck fat. The service is friendly, and this is the place to go if you need to get out of the heat, since it's well air-conditioned.

1  Thank Sheri F
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went here based on your reviews and boy were we glad we did. This was the best meal we had on our entire trip. You must try the ravioli appetizers, the fillings change on a regular but we enjoyed some filled with BBQ pork. My husband and I both had burgers, the menu offers a variety of styles/toppings. Both were cooked to perfection and very tasty! Food in general is priced very high on the island so don't be shocked at the price you will be paying for burgers and beers.