“OMG the fries”

Tavern 1844
Ranked #42 of 109 Restaurants in Christiansted
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: An Traditional Pub in paradise, with an enormous beer menu, ice cold drafts, and amazing burgers along with other incredible pub fare. With an air conditioned bar and isolated beer garden in the back, we have a variety of seating for you to choose.
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I've eaten here twice in the past two weeks and both times - fantastic. The fries are amazing. I had a burger and it was cooked perfectly medium rare. The other time, had the mussels (with fries, of course!) and they were fantastic. Had the bread pudding and it was okay. They've got a great beer and wine list. Cozy tavern atmosphere - great a/c.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My cousin who lives on the island brought me to this place, was not expecting the amazing food they were cranking out of that kitchen. Could be the best meal I've had on the island. I had the 2nd Best Burger. It won 2nd Place at the 2012 Taste of St. Croix. Delicious burger
topped with fried-herbed goat cheese, whiskey-glazed apples, caramelized onions, truffle honey, tomato, arugula & truffle aioli. It came with, hands down, the best fries (duck fat fries) I've ever had in my life. My cousin had the Fried Oyster Po’Boy, she loved it! Great beers. The bartender was also a great guy! Sad I only got one chance to go.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Right in the heart of Christiansted, this little tavern has claim to the island's #1 and #2 best burger. I had the lobster burger which was out of this world. Great atmosphere with many locals plus vacationers milling around. Must eat there if visiting St Croix

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Were recommended to eat here by one of the bartenders at our hotel bar. Were very comforted by the "dive bar" sort of feel, had great conversation and service from the bartenders. Wagyu Beef burger (that won the medal) was delicious! Very glad we made this stop!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Great food and a large beer selection. A definately must for lunch or dinner.