“FANTASTIC FOOD & COCKTAILS and GREAT ATMOSPHERE & BEACH!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mahi's at Chenay Bay Beach Resort - CLOSED

Mahi's at Chenay Bay Beach Resort
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Savor the flavors of the Caribbean at Mahi's Seaside Seafood at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. Offering the best of land and seas, the menu offers an array of tastes from casual lunch fare to evening casual dining. A full bar and wine list complements the menu. Diners relax in the open-air, beachfront environment, enjoying live music and daily specials. Come and try our famous Mahi fritters while you enjoy the fresh breezes of the Caribbean sea!!!
Brookville, Ohio
“FANTASTIC FOOD & COCKTAILS and GREAT ATMOSPHERE & BEACH!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

We (my BF & I) went to Chenay Bay Beach because we had heard from a local that the beach there was one of the best on the island with calm water, clean sandy beach, and quiet. We loved it there! We spent about a couple of hours sunning and swimming, then decided to eat at Mahi's there.

I ordered the Coconut Shrimp and a Bushwacker cocktail (awesome shake!!), while my BF ordered Wings & a Painkiller cocktail. The waitress/bartender was very nice, and our food was quick-coming! Since it was off-season, we were the only ones eating, so we did have her all to ourselves! =)

The whole atmosphere was very nice and enjoyable, perfect for us!

We really enjoyed our afternoon there at Chenay Bay and Mahi's and will definitely visit again when we return to STX.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank MelindaAndScott

Florida
“Great food Great view Great service And cute little Kitty Cats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

Dont listen to those bad reviews. What is too laid back any way? We usually sit at the bar when out to dinner. That usually gets us quicker service. But St Croix is not a fast paced vacation destination. Everything is slower which is part of its charm. We went around 8pm for dinner and all the food was great. Pineapple jerk (my husbands new nickname)-- wings were awesome and the fish stick appetizer was more than enough for the two of us. There was a lively crowd and friendly conversation as a very difficult game of trivial pursuit was being played. We asked if they served breakfast which they do so we returned the following morning. We were the only ones there at 9 am but service was prompt and friendly. The coffee was good and my husband loved "the redneck' breakfast sandwhich. I have been very happy with my multiple visits here. Great view too. Ask for " Big D" he'll take good care of you. And yes there are cats. So what? Ignore them if they bother you. Talk about uptight. Really people.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank MiniLaura
“Avoid with every cause”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

Went to Mahi's based on reviews in ST.Croix weekly. It took twenty minutes for a waitress to take our order. There were cats everywhere, yes I said it cats. A family of 7 to 8 people arrived after us and left because of the cats. Waited about thrity minutes to get main course. Waitress informed me right before my meal that there they didn't prepare enough garlic mash potatoes and I had to choose another side. Food was very bad, not well seasoned,small serving, and very pricey. I have been to Duggan's Reef and the Galleon which are very esquisite restaurants that have a lot of unique flavor and a great spin to them. I tell everyone to please avoid Mahi's Restaurant at Chenay Bay with all cause.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Leche75
Santa Monica, CA
“A bit too laid back for us”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

We went our first day of vacation for dinner on a very rainy day. Arrived around 6:00 pm. The restaurant was empty. Ordered drinks (and bug spray) and, after a fairly long wait (because, remember, the place was empty) got them. We were going to order appetizers and our meals at the same time, but something odd happened. As we ordered 2 apps, the waitress looked up at the sea (rain had stopped) and said "doesn't the water look pretty? It's so many colors." We all turned to look, nodded appreciatively, turned back to her only to find she had wandered away! Well, we took this as a sign that we were not going to have dinner there. The apps finally came (jerk chicken wings that were not too good and I forgot what the other one was). We asked for the check. By this time it was 7:30 pm.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Plumeria D
St. Croix
“Fabulous sunsets”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is a great casual place to go for drinks and food, especially when the sun is setting. The drinks are generous and the food is excellent. You can order a large meal or a sandwich. The staff is helpful and service is good. It is located on the beach at Chenay Bay Resort and the view is beautiful.

• Visited June 2011