“Fabulous”

Ranked #4 of 109 Restaurants in Christiansted
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: As one approaches the 1729 House, the tan one across from Fort Christiansvaern Park, the Galangal sign, made from wine corks by a patron, is hardly visible from the street. Opening the aubergine door is almost magical as one steps inside an elegant white-table dinning room filled with original paintings, and Indo-Colonial architectural elements. Sitting down at the cool, dry granite bar, one just knows their Martini is going to be ice cold and the red wine will be at 65 degrees. Galangal specializes in authentic modern Thai and French cuisine, combining traditional ingredients with international flavors and techniques. Freshness is the key to Galangal's bold flavors and consistent quality. Spices from Vietnam and Singapore, curry pastes from Bangkok and unusual Asian vegetables grown in Galngal's own gardens, give Galangal's dishes their unique and authentic flavors. Even the soup is made a la minute. Little know fact, Galangal, probably has the best NY strip and pommes frites on island. Dinner 5:30 - 9:30. Closed Sunday and Monday
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Whenever we have a special group to entertain, this is the fanciest restaurant on the island with consistently good food

Reviewed August 29, 2012

The owners of this restaurant are a sheet delight. The food is delicious southeast Asian. The ambiance is authentic southeast Asian with beautiful sculptures and other works of art. An oasis in St. Croix. Intimate yet very friendly.

axelbaby, Owner at Galangal, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

We love your feedback. We appreciate it tremendously.

At Galangal, we are very satisfied to know you are happy with the service of our team. We have passed on the good work to them for further encouragement.

Once again, GALANGAL hopes to see you again in the near future!
Arthur & Gregory
Owners

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Galangal has a beautiful interior, excellent service, and the food was quite tasty. It's a place you could feel comfortable getting a little dressed up for, which is rare on the island. I was very seasick when we came here and the server kindly brought me some pickled ginger which turned my seasickness around quickly! It's not much pricier than pretty casual places on the island, yet the provide a far better experience and yummier food.

axelbaby, Owner at Galangal, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

We are most delighted to have made it number 1 in your favorite restaurant. It is truly an honor for our team and ourselves.

We thank you for the kind words. We have encouraged our staff with your kind words to keep up their good work.

Once again, we hope that we will be able to serve you in the near future.
Best Regards
Arthur & Gregory
Owners

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I've been to Galangal many times. It is one of my favorite places for something "different" to eat on St. Croix. The coconut lemongrass sake is the best!

Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Me and my boo tried Galangal on a Friday night. Trust me its a good idea to make reservations especially on weekend nights to get cozy seats. From the moment I entered Galangal I loved the ambiance. It wasn't too dark and it wasn't too much lighting, just right. The decor really adds something special to the place. The staff was amazing. They were super nice, pleasant, and courteous as well as attentive. The food was delicious. I had the Pad Thai with chicken, it was a hefty portion!! My boo had the wahoo special with coconut cream rice that was to die for! We had a scrumptious end to our meal with a melt in your mouth chocolate flour less torte with creamy n flavorful ginger gellato. All in all it was a superb experience and I will definetly return in the future!!