“If you're smoking food, it should taste like it...”
Review of Good Spirits - CLOSED

Good Spirits
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Delicatessen, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Famous for our great food, friendly service and great prices! Call for hours and specials.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stopped at Good Spirits since the place recommended to us was closed. The service was good. The bartender/server was really nice and friendly as was the food runner. The place is next to a golf course and is in a pretty nice setting. Seating is either on picnic tables or at one of the few tables inside. The menu looked pretty good. We were informed that since it was mid week that they were going to be out of some of the BBQ. The start to prep it late week for the weekend evidently. Either way, we didn't miss anything. I had the smoked brisket and my girlfriend had the pulled pork. Neither had any smoke taste whatsoever. They were also poorly seasoned. On top of that, the sauce on the pulled pork had an odd taste. The conch fritters were tasty, however, as was the mac n cheese. In fact, the mac n cheese was a stand out item as it was smoked, and had a good smoke flavor, unlike the meat. It was really tasty. All in all, a disappointment. Typically a place only gets one chance to make an impression, and Good Spirits struggled here.

jmbatl, Owner at Good Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

I am very sorry to read of your negative experience at our business. I was present when you dined and I try to insure that each customer leaves satisfied.

We do smoke our brisket. Our pork is roasted. I am so sorry that you didn't enjoy our BBQ sauce as so many customers tell us that's what keeps them coming back for more.

I am certainly pleased that you enjoyed our service and atmosphere. I encourage you to return anytime and ask for me personally. We want to make sure that you have the same kind of experience at Good Spirits as so many of our repeat customers.

Best

Jason Bronis
Proprietor

Reviewed May 6, 2013

It's always nice to have another reliable spot to stop and eat at on the east end of St. Croix. This was my first time to stop and eat under this new ownership. My wife and I each had the pulled pork sandwich and they were very good. Nice friendly atmosphere with fun outdoor dining. Great menu selections so we will definitely be going back to try some other things.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Loved just sitting outside at a picnic table enjoying the perfect weather, great food and good music. We enjoyed watching as people sat down and were greeted by name by the waitress, the other customers and sometimes the folks singing up front! My wife loved her 'Totchoes' (tater tots made up like nachos) and my ribs were finger-licking good! Great place to get an Island Vibe

Reviewed April 12, 2013

A friend brought us here for a drink but we ended up having burgers and fun, lengthy discussions with some of the local golf course, condo residents.

Burgers were very good and the bbq turkey smelled awesome. There was music and all in all, a very pleasant night.

No see'ms were friendly too but there were cans of complimentary repellents scattered around the tables.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Friendly atmosphere, nice, low key. Good turkey dinner. I would recommend this place if you are alone and looking to socialize. Also they have good live music.