See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 24, 2018

The location of this hotel is absolutely perfect. Our room was big, and from the balcony fantastic views to the sea, the harbour and Christiansted Castle. Rooms and decor are fairly basic. Service is basic too, but very friendly. Easy access to historical sites, beach, and shopping. No on site restaurant, but lots 1 to 5 min walk away. The price is reasonable, so for a 2 -5 day stay on St Croix it is very recommendable. For a longer stay I would prefer a full service hotel.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ner123
Sara L, Guest Relations Manager at King Christian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to let others know about us.

we hope you return soon

Reviewed November 10, 2017

You are in middle of it all: City center, harbor life, tourism, historic buildings - and it is not noisy at all! From the balcony of rooms with sea view you can enjoy the view over the blue bay and the old Danish fort.
The hotel is a bit basic, but okay: Quite big rooms, big beds, nice bathroom, everything clean. A small pool, a small dining place in front of the hotel.
No private parking - must be found in the nearby streets.

Room tip: Ask for sea view, which most of the rooms have.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank OneandonlyNiels
Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

I had a nice visit to ST Croix. My room was big and very clean. Of course like most of ST Croix this hotel is old fashioned and could use some updates. The staff here were all very pleasant. Right on the boardwalk made it easy to get around town. I would recommend staying here and the price was Great!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank 383jeffb
Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

I didn't even stay here but was told a couple of days prior to this incident that we were free to stop by and use the facilities. I was sunburnt and needed to change into a tee I bought at one of the stores. Now, I'm a southerner and will greet anyone but this particular day, when I walked in, i could not understand what the girl said to me. She proceeds to chew out my husband standing outside telling me I need manners and that her manager wants to know who walked in. That so called "manager" refused to walk out herself. If it's such a problem, why were we told we could? If it's such an issue, why is there no sign? The pool area and restrooms are so nasty, that was enough for me to never stay here. I can only imagine what the rooms look like.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank JennB0518
Reviewed March 9, 2017

Let me say, I have low standards. I have been living in the Caribbean for years and have grown used to the ways that hotels handle the often less than optimum circumstances that surround them. This was an especially bad experience. When we arrived in St. Croix, we went out for dinner and drinks with friends. One friend had too much to drink and we invited her to stay with us instead of driving unsafe. When we requested a cot (listed as free in the description) we were told that although they had cots, no one was available to bring one. When I alternatively asked for an extra set of sheets, was also told no. Then subsequently insulted because we had been drinking. Told that I shouldn't be drinking, should "drink some jesus". Wifi was terrible, kicked you off every few minutes. We booked the room for three, only had enough towels for two. No beach towels provided. Hotel is on cistern, that's fine, but no free water, even though it is advertised as free bottled water. Elevator broken. Ice is in a cooler on second floor. Coffee maker but no coffee provided. Towels we did have smelled like old cilantro. The hot water took at least ten minutes to heat up.The advertised "premium channels" = ONE. Fan ridiculously noisy.
further more, the free parking is where ever you can find it in Christiansted, which is hard, prepare to walk.

Room tip: Get another room.
Date of stay: March 2017