This is the oldest hotel in Christiansted with a very interesting history, now refurbished and in the middle of the boardwalk action.
Our Junior Suite, Rm. 21, was not one of the historical rooms. It was bright, clean and comfortable with an electronic safe. The sitting room had a comfortable couch flat screen TV and a small fridge.
The large Comanche Club Bar is open air, sports a hugh dugout canoe hanging upside down in the rafters, wherein lies a story best told by the owner, Jack Pickle.
Music from The Fort Christian Brew Pub, adjacent, seems to go on until about 1AM, which could be a problem for some.
The Innkeeper, Wendy, was attentive & very responsive to any requests.
Check-in was a breeze, and upon check-out, Mr. Gibbs, Property Manager and all 'round right-hand man, volunteered to drive us to the airport at 630AM!
When we return to St. Croix, this is where we'll plan to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Comanche - Hotel St. Croix is a charming boutique hotel placed in the center of St. Croix’ historic town of Christiansted. Established in 1756, as a townhouse for a Danish Doctor, it is one of the oldest buildings in town and has been home to the Comanche Hotel since 1948. The 23 unique rooms provide all modern amenities including free internet access. Our townhouse suites have been restored and furnished with West Indian antiques and replicas. Across the bridge and over the street, you will find the poolside Cabanas that put you front and center for boardwalk and harbor activity, plus a knockout view of the island beach at Protestant Cay, which is just a short ferry ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Club Comanche reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Comanche Hotel Christiansted
- Comanche Hotel Christiansted
- Club Comanche St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands