All reviews the cottages cheney bay time share no see ums st croix new owners bring bug spray rental car king bed grocery store open air full kitchen sea turtles off season restaurant bar water sports cabin
Selected filters
Reviewed April 7, 2019

We stayed in cottage #4, and it was obvious that it has not been remodeled like some. The armoire was missing pulls on the drawers & some didn't work, our TV remote would not change the channels, the bed was hard as a rock, light switches in the bathroom were scary (you could see wires), we didn't have hot water in the bathroom the 1st few days and they don't automatically replenish your coffee. Here's what they did right; while we didn't have an ocean view like we booked, we had a peek-a-boo view that was gorgeous, the staff was over-all very friendly and accommodating, they did fix our hot water problem after we complained. Would we stay again? Not for this price.

Room tip: Make sure you have a remodeled cottage
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at Chenay bay. From previous reviews I was expecting the worst. Staff was there to greet us late night. Our room was clean and spacious. The kitchen was well stocked and we were able to eat in our room. The beach was beautiful. My husband left his jacket and we returned two days later and they had it waiting for us. We were there for the beach and to wind down and that is exactly what we received!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2019

This is not a resort. Their web site says “ Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar”. Those buildings exist but are never open, since they claim to be under repair! We were there for over a week and never saw any one working on the shacks they call their restaurant. When we questioned the hotel staff as to why they weren’t letting guests know about the closures we were told if they did “no one would come”. The facility is old and outdated, only a couple of lounge chairs around pool, pool was always dirty while we were there, the cottage we had was small, and bed was awful. I cannot recommend Chenay Bay if your looking for a resort !

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2019 via mobile

This place is terrible. It should get zero rating. There’s nothing “resort-like” about this place. They have bug problems. There was tons of grey mold and black mold all inside the A/C unit. There was black mold in the shower. The room they tried to put me in had a hole punched in the wall. The door dividing my room from the adjacent room had a half inch gap between the top of the door and the door frame which allowed me to look into the other room and vice versa. I refused to check in and they refused to refund my payment. Look elsewhere. Instead I went down the street to The Buccaneer. What a difference.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

We loved our stay at Chenay Bay Beach resort! The Chenay Bay is a few steps away and is a great beach for walking and relaxing! Very private area on the bay. Loved the cottages and front porches to sit on! I would recommend getting some groceries at Seaside Market nearby so you can have light breakfasts/lunch and save some money on restaurant food! Chenay Bay Beach resort will be amazing once they get a restaurant, bar, and music going! They are still renovating from Hurricane Maria. Great location on the island, very easy to get to Christiansted. We ventured to East coast, West Coast Frederiksted, and North shore, Cane's Bay with no problem! Many things to see and do!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple