Hotel on the Cay(Christiansted)(Great Value!)
$130
$127
  • Pool
Club Comanche(Christiansted)
$163
$140
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Caravelle on St. Croix(Christiansted)(Great Value!)
$169
$164
Travelocity
Holger Danske Hotel(Christiansted)
$116
Orbitz.com
The Buccaneer St Croix(Christiansted)
$299
Cancelon
HotelQuickly
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe cottagescheney baybug spraygreen cayno see umstime sharelaid backnew ownersstove topocean viewrental carcleaned dailywater toyssmall islandwest endrestaurant barfamily vacation
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

I decided to stay at Chenay Bay Beach Resort, after deliberating on locations and hotels to stay on a solo trip in St. Croix. Situated about 15 minutes from Christiansted, I opted to rent a car、which was the best choice. Plus FREE parking!! The resort employee (Ian) was very accommodating with my requests and booked me in unit #49; with an ocean view, strong WIFI signal and slightly away from the pool area. Besides the few bugs here and there (island life) and a little up keeping within the unit, I was content. Will be booking my next trip to Cruz and staying at CBBR again!!!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Made reservations for my wife's birthday a month in advance, stopped in and my wife picked out the perfect cottage. Showed up the day of reservation and we were moved, yet no one could tell me why, was told it was "better" cottage. Cottage was dirty, broken items including stove top, tiles, light switches Marchetti laying in the grass by our cottage for two days. I finally gave it to the maintenance men before some kid got hurt. Then well at the bar at 830 a gentleman was having a medical issue and I was asked by the bar tender to get help from the front desk. Man behind the desk was a customer? Called the emergency # and the night clerk was down the road 10 minutes away getting a Pizza. When checking out I was told the manager wasn't in, I left my # and asked to her call me. I waited two weeks to right this review to give them a chance to fix this. No one ever called. The sad thing for them is I'm a local and had planed to book about 20 nights with them in the next year and more in the following years. I will not recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2017

This property is about 10 minutes or so outside Christiansted, located directly on Chenay Bay. We chose it at the last possible minute as our plane was taxiing in Miami, based on price, location and the reviews here. The online booking didn't make it to the hotel, probably because it was the middle of low season and they weren't looking every 15 minutes for new bookings. The young man in the office got us registered quickly and even made two trips to different units to make sure he was putting us in one that was clean and ready. Although we paid for garden view, we had a surprisingly good view of Green Cay.

The rooms are in one and two unit cottages spread around a low hillside on the bay. It was a very short walk from any unit to the pool and the beach. The pool was clean and in good condition. The beach side outdoor restaurant (this time of year) is closed on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, so it was a stroke of luck we were able to eat our first dinner there on Sunday night and our last lunch there on Thursday. The food is first rate and we got to meet the chef. Very nice fellow who was obviously proud of the food he served. He should be proud of it. The service from the bar manager was very friendly and good.

Be aware that this is an island property. That means that you find the occasional bug in your room or deal with no-see-ums at the beach bar. While I wasn't bothered, my teenage daughter donated a fair amount of blood during our dinner through bug bites. I highly recommend bug spray from the waist down if eating there in the evening. And you should eat there in the evening. The sun sets over open water between Green Cay and Christiansted, and if you're lucky you'll get a sunset worthy of writing home about like we did.

Overall, if you're looking for a quiet, laid back property on a beautiful, calm beach outside the "bustle" of Christiansted, definitely look at this place. It's pretty great.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2017

I booked the resort sight unseen and was a little apprehensive. I had nothing to worry about. My friend and I had neighboring bungalows with porches with unobstructed views of the bay and less than 100 yards from the pool. Perfect location. The room was spacious and the air conditioner worked well. The kitchenette had everything I needed for a quick breakfast or a drink to enjoy on the porch. I guess I could have made more food and drinks there but the bar and restaurant were also very good. Friendly but not obtrusive staff, beautiful beach...just what I wanted for a laid back vacation

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for my daughters beach wedding. The rooms are small yet nice. If you stay in room #2 (the water is backwards "cold is hot and hot is cool"). The beach is nice for snorkeling. The water is very calm. The staff is all very nice and helpful. Lots of little critters to take pictures. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family