“Fly by”

Chenay Bay Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Christiansted
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We didn't stay at this resort but stopped by to see the property that my brother-in-law and his family frequented. We loved the feel of the resort as soon as we arrived. The villas are well placed, the beach beautiful, and the pool clean and inviting. From first glance we would definitely stay here during our next trip.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Julie G
There are newer reviews for Chenay Bay Beach Resort

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I already posted, but mistakenly I posted under Chenay Beach, not the resort. We are currently staying at Chenay Bay. If you are looking for a clean, quiet, no frills.place to stay while you are in St Croix, this is the place for you. If you are looking for 5 star, this is not the place for you. CHENAY BAY RESORT is a good value for what you are paying and for my money, it is a great value!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chris T
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We were there for 6 days 5 nights- great deal from Groupon, it is comfortable.JetBlue & Seaborne Airlines nice and friendly - so was Cape Air upon our return home. Taxi for 2 $28 from airport about 35min or so. Keep on mind not full service resort at all. Front desk hours 8am -8 pm. Sometimes phone will ring awhile if no one is at desk. Had a cottage unit with a furnished kitchenette comes in handy seriously. No hard line phone in cottage, WFI handy works best by front desk area and Mahis Seafood. Flat screen tv with cable. My cell phone service T-Mobile didn't work well on island so depended on WIFI. The pool wasnt cleaned daily which needed to be from leaves and stuff do didnt get in at all, the grounds were so so looks like some remodeling, lots of small lizards moving around -make sure to get bugs spray. Mahis Seafood is depending on day/time if lucky will have a cook, no veggie burgers at all my whole stay that sucked but Nina the bartender makes "EXCELLENT" Cruzan Confussions. Loved the 1 mile ocean front take that walk worth it with the tent campsites.Snorkeling was fine, Water felt good hang out by beach.
Food options- no fast good deliveries places, best to rent car - if able to stay on left side of road- but if needed take taxi to local restaurants. Duggans Reef, Cheeseburger Paradise (which is great ) you can also walk to we did less than 15 mins, Cantinas. Best to go to market and buy your own food. Seen a few people bring in own mini grills as well. There is a laundry room $2 to wash & $2 to dry. 1 dryer 1 washer bring own laundry supplies, the front has stuff for a fee. Christenstad was ok but not much opened shops/restaurants closed early as well, use caution late night, not much of nightlife happening. Take Captian Morgan and Cruzan Rum tours. We also feed the pigs O'Douls in rainforest. We went to Udull Point and Isaacs Bay that was great prepare for short hike though worth it. If you get a chance take a drive of island beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank ChanitaBaby
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was meeting another family member on the island of St. Croix. I flew in 7 hours past their arrival. Once I arrived at Chenay, I was shocked at what I saw. It was poorly lit in the dark. It was unkempt, the grounds were littered with dead foliage and debris. The cottage was not what we had reserved. We reserved one with 2 beds. Not 1 bed and a pull out couch. After calling 3 separate times and verifying that we would get the cottage we were paying for in the reservation, and arriving to find this was not so. The overwhelming smell of cleaning chemicals just about knocked me over after opening the door. We immediately turned around and drove up the street to the Buccaneer! We had to "eat" the cost of the cottage at Chenay Bay, however.....it was worth it to experience what we did at the Buccaneer Resort. If you don't mind ghetto like conditions, and being surrounded by seedy looking characters, maybe you will find this to be the place for you. It just was not for us.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank pattyinsc
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was exactly what my friends and I were looking for: A cheap, clean place to stay close to Christiansted with a beach and pool. I don't know what all the other people expected from the reviews on here for the price. If available, I suggest getting the groupon! I paid $85 for four people! Now I'm going to get into the good and bad about the resort.

The great stuff?
The front desk worker couldn't be nicer and the landscape was beautiful. Our bungalow had a kitchenette, king bed, full bed, and a beautiful view of the pool and beach. I looked at places double the price of Chenay Bay and they didn't even have a kitchenette! The beds were very comfy and it was definitely enough space for four if us.

The bad?
Parts of everything seems run down. Let me give you an example. They pool is beautiful from afar. Up close, some of the beautiful lights had no bulbs and it looked like it had waterfalls at some point that were no longer there. There was a beautiful stone platform with pedestals that looked like it may have been a shower at some point for people at the beach, but now it had no showers. Only the platform and blank pedistals remained. The bar and restaurant looked promising, but neither seemed open. As my group was leaving, we saw a few people sitting around the picturesque bar, so it must have limited hours. Our bungalow had random bits and pieces broken, but nothing easily overlooked. Looking around the resort, I could see into a couple other bungalows and some seem to have huge livingrooms as well, which looked newly renovated.

All in all, it seems like the resort was pristine in the past, fell into disrepair over the last five years, and is now on the upswing. If you stay here for the nightlife, you'll be sorely disappointed. If you go here looking for a spacious, beautiful, clean, cost effective place to stay when exploring Christiansted and the rest of St Croix, you'll be pleasantly happy!

• Stayed: March 2014
7  Thank Leland M
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is a wonderful location but has now been owned by the bank for several years. Everything needs to be renovated. The restaurant is open only on a limited basis (closed at 7p.m.) and the menu is extremely limited. Hopefully it will be sold some day and be brought back to life.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank crabgroupie
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Good place to stay if you just want a place to crash after exploring the island. Has the potential to be awsome. hopefully the new owners will wake it up and give it a facelift. Excellent location, nice beach, very quiet.

Room Tip: the rooms closer to the pool seem to be more updated, mots have water views
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple