Chenay Bay Beach Resort
Club Comanche(Christiansted)
$270
$224
  • Breakfast included
Hotel on the Cay(Christiansted)(Great Value!)
$199
$193
  • Pool
$225
  • Pool
The Buccaneer St Croix(Christiansted)
$399
$265
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $306/night.

$80
  • Restaurant
$1,126
$1,091
getaroom.com
$149
Travelocity
St. John Inn(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
$340
$330
All reviewsthe cottagescheney baybug spraygreen cayno see umstime sharelaid backnew ownersstove topocean viewcleaned dailyrental carwater toyssmall islandwest endsea turtlesrestaurant bar
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We loved this hotel. After reading some reviews about it being dated, we were a little concerned but it really didnt matter because the positives out weighed that. The rooms were clean. The staff pleasant and friendly. The restaurant wasn't open but that didnt matter to us because we wanted to explore the other restaurants on the island anyway. It was great being so close to the beach. The snorkeling was great. We loved having a mini kitchen and the fact that we had a seperate little cabin. We felt like it was very private because of how the little porches are set up.
We were all over the island and saw the outside of the other hotels. They really didn't seem that much better, especially considering those hotels were a significant amount more money.
The pool needs some work, but why swim in a pool when you can swim in the Caribbean sea! I would recommend renting a vehicle so you can easily get to everything the island has to offer. I would recommend this no matter where you stay. Everything is far apart.
We wish there were kayaks available at the hotel because we would have loved to kayak in chenay bay.
I loved the plants, flowers, and scenery at the hotel. We brought our tablet and had access to internet the entire time we were there from our room...not that you want to be on the internet all the time when you are on vacation!
This was a very relaxing environment. We felt safe and at home. The location was perfect. When we go back to st croix we will stay here again.

Room Tip: I prefer close to the pool but if restaurant is open may want further away from that
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank 2377donna9
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Needless to say I was quite disappointed when I arrived here after having read reviews and photos of this hotel. I was just there last week for 4 days. The restaurant is closed for 2 months, which is a bit of an issue since it is pretty far out. The 'FREE WIFI' they advertise is only in their check-in area. The pool, I didn't even dare to venture into. It is quite a different site when you look into the actual pool. Most of the common use areas are falling apart. The only positive thing I found about this place was it's quick walk to the beach. Although when I was there I saw almost no one. Definitely would pay more $$ to stay at another hotel next time. Also when I checked in they gave me the key to a room that someone was already in.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank missNJ
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed for a week and had a wonderful time. The cabin that we had was wonderful. The service at the resort was slow, but that is the Virgin Islands life style. Maui Mike's had wonderful food and drinks. Loved Fish Taco night and Trivia night. The beach was nice and quiet, the pool was nice. You must rent a car to do the entire island. Got to see many things. The cats at the restaurant were our welcoming committiee each time we ate there. We can't wait to go back - four more weeks and we will be there again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room higher on the hill for the view, but you will have a tough climb.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 3web88
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Visited Chenay Bay for 3 nights and had a marvelous time. The view of the Caribbean sea and hillsides with million dollar homes will take your breath away. The island is lush green and very pretty.
The resort itself needs a face lift but the suite I stayed in was very well furnished and the air conditioning worked superb. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the AC. The beach is nice with slight pink sand but the water is calm and just fit for a king...a warm 85 plus degrees. You feel like you never want to leave. Every time I stepped out of it I jumped right back in.

The bartender Angie and the chef are outstanding and made my stay memorable. Although the resort is lacking in many ways it is not short of fun. I met many folks who are repeat clients and will not go anywhere else as they are in love with this place and I have hard time understanding why they love this place so much.

This resort can do much better for its guests as they are very loyal and just a little TLC can move this place up the ladder. All in all I had a great time and will have no hesitation of staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank boom100
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Lovely small - low key resort. Units are supplied with kitchenette which makes it very convenient. I suggest a rent car so you can grocery shop, explore the island. Dated bedding and furnishings. A/C worked and no complaints on being too hot. Restaurant does not open for breakfast which was a disappointment...only lunch and dinner. Pool is okay with great view of the bay. Lot's of NO NO NO signs for the beach...they do not let you take your own coolers, food, drinks to the beach of your own, however - less than a 1/8 mile away is a road to take you to the same beach that is a bit better and you can take what ever you wish. Restaurant quality was just okay...they should advertise it differently to get more of a crowd. Towels and linens need to be updated - very thin and non-absorbent and very small to our standards in the US. If you want a good quality place to stay - I would suggest the Chenay Bay, we enjoyed it very much. If you are looking for a more 4+ resort full service resort - look at the Renaissance Cambolia. Explore the island - it was a blast! Staff was great at Chenay - everyone friendly and happy all the time.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the pool view rooms or rooms on the front row. You can not park your car by your unit other than unloading or loading - walk to parking lot could be hard from some of the units set on the hill side. We were in unit 46 which was not one of the updated ones and view was blocked from the deck ... not a good unit to have.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple