We stayed three nights at Chenay Bay Resort before moving on to The Buccaneer. Our cottage, #6, was situated perfectly in front of the pool and we had lovely sunset views. It was clean and cozy, although the pillows were uncomfortable. The pool, although not in the greatest of shape, was fine for our ten year old. Snorkeling off the beach was enjoyable, especially since there was no current to worry about.
We avoided eating at the restaurant. There were always crumbs on the tables and it looked deserted. The one time my husband tried to order drinks at the bar, a man with two dobermans was there and they did not look friendly. Fortunately, there are very good restaurants on the East End.
The sport shack was closed the entire time we were there, so we did not get to kayak until we got to the Buccaneer. Not sure if that is because we visited during the off-season or because the place is still in receivership.
I would have been extremely unhappy if we spent our entire vacation here, but it was ok for three nights. I'm curious to see what improvements will be made when the property is finally purchased.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands