Chenay Bay Beach Resort
Club Comanche(Christiansted)
$174
$152
  • Breakfast included
The Buccaneer St Croix(Christiansted)
$299
Hotel on the Cay(Christiansted)(Great Value!)
$219
$196
  • Breakfast included
Company House Hotel(Christiansted)
King Christian Hotel(Christiansted)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe cottagescheney baybug spraygreen caytime shareno see umslaid backnew ownershot tubocean viewstove topcleaned dailyrental carwater toyssmall islandwest endsea turtles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Chenay is perfect if you want to chill and relax. The bartender is also the server and she is very pleasant and friendly! The cottages are charming and private and the fridge/freezer and kitchenette are a nice money-sawr :). A great place for peace and quiet!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed at Chenay Bay the last week of June with my family. Everything about Chenay was perfect to us. We loved the rolling paved walkways that were throughout the resort. All the plants, trees, beachfront and terrain are picture perfect on the resorts rolling acres. St Croix and Chenay Bay is so beautiful, you never want your vacation to end. We were perfectly happy hanging around the resort all day swimming in the ocean off the restaurant/ bar and swimming pool. There is a beautiful reef 20 feet out with colorful fish and coral. As well, as a sea turtle among many other exotic forms of sea life and a view that is breath taking. The staff and service at Chenay Bay are so helpful and kind. If you have a question about anything from what to do or see while staying on St. Croix they are very knowledgeable and helpful. The bartender, Alden was very friendly and was so great to my family as with all the guests we noticed. He has an outgoing personality that made our stay extra great considering he helped us throughout our stay with everything from places to visit to just great service! The rooms are very nice and the kitchenettes were so great to have. We were able to save alot of money by buying groceries. It is also very safe. There are a few areas on the island that are not the safest but at Chenay Bay we never had to worry. If you have a family and children I highly recommend staying at Chenay Bay and visiting the surreal island of St. Croix!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a cottage close to front desk. It was very nice and clean. Cottage #28
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Nice, laid back setup. Friendly staff. Quiet location on the beach. The restaurant is good and the bar can be busy ! Although any place on the islands can be unsafe, Chenay does a good job of keeping an eye on cabins, vehicles, and guests. Additional quality restaurants are nearby. Rates are within seasonal swings. Plenty of parking at the property entrance. Large onsite laundry room. I am renting 3 cottages now and am very pleased, as is my crew.

Room Tip: Most cottages are located with a great view and easy access.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I spent a week in July with my two grand daughters (3 and 7) at Chenay Bay and had a great time. The individual cabins are great for children- there is a working kitchen and refrigerator. The property is set right on the beach which has calm water for little swimmers. It was the off season, so the restaurant wasn't extremely busy, but we were able to get what we needed. The pool is on a hill overlooking the bay and is very well kept up. The employees were very helpful and gracious. Thanks for spoiling my girls, Angelique! The reviews I read before going shared concerns about a few things- the towels are not the newest and the beds are a bit hard, but these things were not a problem for us at all, because of all the positive aspects. The rooms and bathrooms are a bit small, but we spent very little time there, so that wasn't a problem either. It is about 3 miles outside of town, so a rental car is necessary to get around the island. The only annoyance was that the tv got only one channel. i asked them to fix that, they said they did, but it never changed. We spent our time exploring, instead of tv watching, which is just fine with me.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2013

my sister and i stayed here on a RCI timeshare exchange in june 2013. i was a little wary after reading reviews, but honestly, i can't see what all the fuss was about! i am a disabled traveler, so my planning can be very intense. i knew this was NOT an accessible place, and was prepared to adapt as i needed to. turns out, i needed to do very little! they upgraded us upon arrival from a studio to a one bedroom, thinking this would accomodate me better. ( it did) we were near the pool, had a view of the ocean, and a lovely room with an outside shower as well as a regular inside the bathroom shower. since there were stairs, i could not take my mobility scooter into the room as is my usual, to recharge at night. they graciously made arrangements for my sister to leave it each night under the shelter of the restaurant in case of rain, and plugged in. as the week wore on, and taking it in and out of the car in order to re-charge it got old ( it weighs 170 pounds), they not only allowed us dispensation to park next to our room ( you must park in a central lot and walk to your cottage), they supplied a 25 ft outdoor extension cord so we could park it next to us and run the cord into the car to shelter and recharge at night! thank you so much!!!! debbie, the manager did all she could to accomodate my needs. shermine at the desk upgraded us. the view was amazing, the snorkeling good, the beach beautiful. the room was great, no complaints. each time we had any small issue, they responded immediately, instead of "island time". angelique the bartender was great! food at the cafe was good, altho the mosquitos and noseeums definitely won!!! but they handed out cans of " OFF" as requested. maybe some citronella candles might help? the staff was all great and very helpful. it's only about a 10 minute drive to christiansted ( as long as you don't miss the first right!!) as an added unexpected bonus, on sunday night, our 2nd night, a very good blues/jazz ( my fave music) band played live in the restaurant. hope they come back!! didn't even have to leave the property for my favorite music. it was excellent! would recommend this place, and go back! everyone on staff ( sorry if i can't remember your names!) was very helpful and addressed whatever help i needed. try a "cruzan confusion" at the bar. go angelique!! and the bed was the most comfortable of a 3 1/2 week vacation!

Room Tip: we were in cottage 8. nice location, view, air conditioning in the bedroom worked intermittenty, but there were fans, and they offered to put in a window unit if i needed it . ( i didn't)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends