Check in is at 4PM and check out is at 11AM. Don't know why it takes 5 hours to prep rooms. There aren't that many at this property and other places clearly does it in 3 hours. We were not allowed to check in until around 4PM, even though we observed there were tons of rooms unoccupied during our stay. The cottages were ordinary...nothing special. Walking into the room, it felt like a 2** motel. Some of the items and equipment in the room weren't working such as the phone. The shower had no pressure and the fixtures were rusted which is kind of understandable because of the cottages proximity to the ocean. There was only 1 outlet to use in the bed area. Good thing I had a travel 3-to-1 splitter to add some much needed outlets to charge our phones. We've visited this property a couple years ago and the place has run down a lot since then. The beds were so hard that my wife and I woke everyday with major back pain. I also saw pieces of paper stuck in cracks throughout the room. The purpose seemed to be to keep the bugs out. I would have thought some silicon or caulk would have been more appropriate and not so tacky.
The rooms weren't really cleaned while we stayed. Trash was taken out and the bed was remade but there was a dead bug on the floor when we arrived and it was still there 4 days later when we departed. There was also a razor head behind the toilet when we got there and again, it was still there after leaving. There was a bunch of hair on the blow dryer from the previous guest (or guests). This proved to me that the level of cleaning wasn't where it should be. Orbitz had the property listed as a 4**** hotel. At Expedia it is listed as a 3***, this is really a 2**, maybe a 2**-1/2*.
The beach at Chenay; however, is one of the best on St. Croix. Our room had a partial ocean view which was nice. The place is also really quiet and secluded for those that like to get away. Our cellphones; however, still worked. We stayed last year at a property on the North side of the island and had no cell service anytime we were at the property. Chenay's location is also great for water activities and things to do in St. Croix east end. The restaurant on property is also really good and the food is affordable. Overall, I don't think we will be returning to Chenay. The price was average but we are at the point in our lives where we prefer to stay in hotels that are truly 4**** (or even 3-1/2***) and above. If you aren't looking for anything special though, this is a good choice. Cheers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands