Just came back from a vacation at the Chenay Bay resort, here is the objective review:
At night the place is riddle with mosquitos and things that bite you, the buildings are old, the bathroom doesnt have AC so if you leave the window open it turns into a very humid area, in which you can see condensation forming on the wall adjacent to your room which is eventually going to turn into mold. The grounds are kept clean, the gardens look taken care off, the restaurant has daily specials and prices that resemble those around the rest of the island, the place is about 15 mins drive from Christiansted, an hour away from Frederiksted the second town in the island all the way on the west end of the island, 10 mins from the east end of the island.
Now here is the subjective review:
What makes this resort worth the while are the people, on the first day we arrived the check in lady was very pleasant, her and the security guard where honest when answering our questions. The guy at the bar didnt hesitate to give us a bucket of ice when asked and even refilled our soda before we headed back to the room due to the incredible amount of mosquitos that were eating us alive (BRING BUG SPRAY), on our second to last day we got our rental car REALLY dirty, the grounds keeper helped us by letting us wash the car with their hose and even use their vacuum to clear the car, the housekeeping staff cleaned our rooms everyday, and on a particular day even washed our dishes (which I never expected them to do).
Unfortunately I didnt get to swim in the bay so I cant comment on that.
My conclusion is that yes the place is run down and needs some fixing, but for the price we paid and the way we were treated I was more than happy with my stay there and would come back to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, getaroom.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands