This was our 2nd stay here. First stay in 3- 2011 and second stay in 2-2013. We knew would come back. Not only did we fall in love with the St. Croix we also found a great place to stay. The first time we were here we stayed in a 2 bed cottage, 2nd visit a 1 bed cottage. Both were very comfortable. We like having the kitchenette so we can have coffee/breakfast and snacks available. Great if you don't want to eat every meal out. One of the first things we do is to go to the grocery store when we arrive. We found the staff to be personable. The housekeeping staff even washed our (few) dishes if we had left any in the sink and the room was always cleaned well. The beach area is nice as well with umbrellas and chairs available. Great area to meet other guests. The pool area is nice as well although we prefer to be on the beach. Yes there are some bugs no see ums but they are easily detered with bug spray or sesame oil. We got a couple bites but nothing compared to the deer flies, horse flies and mosquitos we have in Minnesota! It was not that big a deal. Our only wish would be that the resturant had more selections. It is so convinent to have them right there but just not enough selection. Another reason grateful for the kitchenette.
We are already looking forward to our return to Chenay. I will say we are not fancy people. We don't require WI-Fi or lots of television. We come to enjoy the island and relax!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands