“wonderful boutique beach hotel”

The Palms at Pelican Cove
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Christiansted
chicago
“wonderful boutique beach hotel”
Reviewed January 25, 2007

I've stayed at the hotel (formerly Cormorant) many times and each time I'm impressed with the service and the people who run the hotel. Yes it's a beach hotel so it's not fancy, but every room faces the caribbean and has a patio or balcony you can relax on. The rooms are clean, comfortable and HUGE. This is the best place for breakfast on the beach, the pool is next to the beach and beautiful. It's one of the most relaxing places I've been to, and I've traveled a lot.

sjw chicago

• Liked — the location on the beach
  • Disliked — no internet access in rooms and limited elsewhere
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank sjw950

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
San Francisco
Reviewed January 23, 2007

My son and I stayed in the penthouse at the Palms and it was wonderful. A living areas with beautiful rattan furnishings, a compact and very convenient kitchenette, a mahogany four poster bed and a georgous walk-in marble shower. The grounds are well maintained, the pool and beach beautiful and relaxing. There is a restaurant on property, but we skipped that to sample other island restaurants. The front desk people, housekeeping and security all made a point of knowing our names and checked regularly to see if there was anything we needed or wanted. I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a relaxing, first class vacation

Stayed November 2006
5 Thank STXJo
Kentucky
Reviewed January 23, 2007

My family stayed at The Palms this month and We found it to be a WONDERFUL resort. We would reccommend it to anyone. Our room was beautiful and clean. The grounds are very well kept. They have a big beautiful pool that was very clean and refreshing. When you just want to pull up a lounge chair and listen to the Caribbean Sea they have them there for your use. The snorkeling was amazing. The beach is beautiful.

The service we recieved was beyond compare. The front desk employees, specifically Pat was very helpful and always willing to help plan our activities. We would give The Palms at Pelican Cove an Excellent Rating and intend to spend our vacation next year there also!

Stayed January 2007
5 Thank catsfam
Michigan
Reviewed January 20, 2007

We stayed at The Palms for seven days in January, 07. If we could have checked out early we would have. They do not allow early checkouts or late cancellation - now I know why. The room was dirty with thread-bare furniture. There was hair on the bathroom floor when we checked in. All the tile grout is moldy and mildewed. The shower would barely rinse the soap off and the bathroom fan did not work. It is a beach hotel with no beach furniture and the beach is not cleaned and is terribly dirty. They have a pool, but it was only cleaned once during our stay. It was dirty with algae and pool furniture that was old and dirty. The only bright spot was the restaurant which was a great location on the beach with good food. We ended up going to the Buccaneer and used their beach. One of our party stayed there and we all agreed the two properties aren't in the same league, although are the same price.

• Liked — restaurant
  • Disliked — old and dirty
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11 Thank sefcon
Thorndale, Ontario
Reviewed July 24, 2006

We spent 8 days at the Palms over the Independence Day celebration. A relative's wedding was on the beach at the resort during this stay. The accomodations were great. There were no issues and the staff were friendly and very helpful. The food was excellent at the open restaurant. The pool which is surrounded on three sides by beautiful palm trees was not only clean and the perfect temperature, it was so relaxing and handy to the bar and restaurant. The staff were most accomodating with the wedding plans and last minute details. What a beautiful way to celebrate a wedding! I would go back and recommend the location for a wedding or group celebration.

Stayed June 2006
4 Thank FIM
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 16, 2006

I recently returned from my firist trip abroad to the US Virgin Islands. Although, the trip was primarily to attend a ceremony for some special friends, it soon became a vacation and an adventure. Being that this was my first time traveling to a tropical destination, I was also lucky enough to stay at a quality rate resort, The Palms of Pelican Cove on the beautiful Island of St. Croix. The Cove is located in a perfect spot that combines a panoramic view of other must see attractions while visiting the island. The accommodations were excellent with all of the qualities needed for an unforgettable island experience. The Palms offer a well prepared variety of food choices while enjoying the open air scenery. The GM and the entire staff were friendly and very helpful when needed. It was an experience I will never forget.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 15, 2006

My travel to St. Croix was complicated by a cancelled flight before heading down to the Islands. As a result, I ended up arriving without any beach attire nor the clothes I needed for the wedding I was going to attend. The staff was INCREDIBLY helpful in helping me to attain the things I needed. They went way, way, way above and beyond. I could not have been more impressed.

I'm not an islands guy.... I was only there because of the wedding, but the staff at the Palms has me thinking of another trip down there. The snorkeling trip they lined up for us was great. Cars where there when they were scheduled. It couldn't have been easier.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansted
Tamarind Reef Resort, Spa & Marina
The Buccaneer St Croix
The Buccaneer St Croix
#1 of 14 in Christiansted
Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa

Been to The Palms at Pelican Cove? Share your experiences!