I recently went back to the Cormorant for my third stay, and it's very obvious the ownership has changed. I have always loved this hotel, but I am delighted that it is even better. First, I noticed that all the rooms have been upgraded. They look wonderful, clean, and comfortable. Second, the entire dining and pool area has been given a facelift, and looks amazing.
Thre thing I like about the Cormorant is that it combines the advantages of both a bed and breakfast and a big resort. It's quaint and charming--you'll get to know all the staff, who are like family. When I have traveled there, it's not very crowded, so it's even more cozy. But they have all the amenities of a big resort, like pool side service, a great menu, and excursion planning.
I have always said that if you are looking for a Club Med, spring break, or a crowded "feel", this place probably is not for you. However, if you want to relax with your significant other and reconnect, you'll find peace and tranquility here. As opposed to "party", instead, think of "peace."
The Cormorant just keeps getting better and better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands