This is the 2nd year in a row that we have gone to The Palms at Pelican Cove with two other couples. It is very relaxing there. We had all kinds of plans to leave the hotel and scout about the island, however the beach chairs sucked us in and we were unable to get motivated to leave. The Palms has full service restaurant, beautiful beach, helpful staff, and tons of privacy.
Having been to several island resorts over the years, we always try to remember that "Island Time Zone" is very pervasive. When traveling with "city people", they can get annoyed if waitstaff at dinner isn't "johnny on the spot". However, when in St. Croix (or any other island), we never plan to have a quick dinner and make tight plans after. Everything is slow and relaxed on the island, and the same goes for food and service. Very polite, but definitely a different vibe than food service at an urban resort. As long as you don't expect to eat dinner in a hurry, and you take time to enjoy the experience you have traveled to have, all is well :)
Coming 2 years in a row, it is interesting to notice how much of the staff remains from year to year. During conversations with employees, we learned how common it is for staff members to be there for many years, which is great for continuity and "feel good" for returning guests. Staff members remembered us by name - even which of us got up early, and which one slept until afternoon. It made us feel very much at home, and we look forward to going back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands