I booked the Palms at Pelican Cove last minute because of the horrible reviews of my original hotel. I am so glad I did.
My first impression of the hotel was great because the staff is so nice. The airline had just lost our luggage and we were super stressed when we arrived. The told us to relax and to grab a drink. Then we were escorted to our room by Mitch, a super nice member of the staff. Mitch sat down with me and gave me an overview of the island and drew a map that told me how to get to the store and to the city, then gave me his card in case I got lost. Very nice guy.
The room was nice. It is a little dated in my mind, but the bathroom is nice with 2 sinks and a large shower. And it was very clean. We were in room 10, which is right across from the housekeeping closet. That combined with the thin walls and the very active couple upstairs made for some early mornings (at least in vacation time). The promised wifi was spotty at best and did not work most of the time.
The balcony and view deserve it's own callout. Amazing. Breathtaking. Relaxing. I could go on and on, but I will just post a picture instead.
I attempted to go snorkelling with my own gear, but honestly the rip current scared me and kept me close to the shore. I did see a few fish and a couple of squid, but nothing more than that. I did hear the reef is awesome, but again, I was afraid of the current. The hotel takes you out snorkelling if you reserve a spot with them, but I wasn't structured enough to commit to a time between napping and sipping on beverages.
We arrived on a Monday which was great because it was Caribbean night. It was a lot of fun. They had a buffet, fire dancers, etc... definitely not to be missed. It gets crowded so I recommend making a reservation.
The bar is nice, the drinks are good, but I am surprised at how many I drank with little effect. The food from the restaurant is okay. We had lunch the next day and it took an hour to get a sandwich and burger. There was a large group that kept the servers and kitchen busy, so I don't know if that is usual. We did have a great view of the ocean from the restaurant which was nice.
Overall - the staff was wonderful. The view from the room is amazing. The bar is an enjoyable place to hang out in. Great location close to Christiansted. The only reason I am giving this place 4 stars was the noise in the morning. I enjoy sleeping in during my vacation. We would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands