The three nights we spent at the Palms of Pelican Cove were relaxing, fun, and everything you could hope for in a Caribbean resort. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the grounds are lovely and spacious, and the pool and beach are large, expansive, and just a few feet from your room.
Our second floor balcony room had a view of the ocean and the beach, and we felt surrounded by the charms of the Caribbean everywhere we went. We had a rental car, which I would recommend for any stays on the northeast side of St. Croix. We enjoyed a day trip out to Point Udall, the easternmost point of the United States, which I thought was well worth it, despite the narrow road.
We had two highlights while staying at the Palms. The first was “Caribbean Night,” which is held on Monday nights. They serve a great big buffet of all kinds of good food, and then you can sit around your table and watch some Caribbean entertainment, featuring dancers, and some fire twirling women belly dancers.
We were also fortunate to have Mitch, a man of many talents, take just the two of us well out into the water over the coral reef, on a day snorkel trip. We were in the water for ninety minutes, and the whole time Mitch was showing us the many kinds of fish and coral visible below us, including sting rays, squid, and a brittle starfish with legs that he will put into your hand to see how it crawls. Amazing. That trip was complimentary, and made possible in part because we are experienced snorkelers. Mitch also has trips for people who have never snorkeled before, and gives them a very fun time as well.
The verandas and open spaces of the Palms make you feel like you are at a fine hotel in the middle of a beach. Unlike some places you might visit in the states, however, it seemed to me like everything you might have expected to tip or pay extra for, was included, from beach towels to snorkel gear. Every time we turned around it seemed like someone was there to help us in an unexpected way.
We had a wonderful time, and the follow up to our visit was superb. They helped me to solve the mystery of what I had done with some camera lens covers some three weeks after we had returned to the mainland. I would highly recommend the Palms of Pelican Cove as a superior place to stay in St. Croix.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands