The Palms at Pelican Cove
Club Comanche(Christiansted)
$174
$152
  • Breakfast included
The Buccaneer St Croix(Christiansted)
$299
Hotel on the Cay(Christiansted)(Great Value!)
$219
  • Breakfast included
Company House Hotel(Christiansted)
King Christian Hotel(Christiansted)
1,123 results
All reviewscaribbean nightnight snorkelbuck islandoctopusbar menust croixtook picturesmonday nightsnorkeling tourbeautiful beachcoral reeffire dancersribstake homesea lifecruzan rumthe open air restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 10, 2013

By reading some of the reviews, there's clearly a segment of people that can not be pleased! It is pretty clear to me that the majority can! To the naysayers, you can tell by the gas prices as you drive through town, that things are expensive here. If you were to take a little break from your self centered life and your phone texting and actually have a conversation with the locals, you could learn a lot about life on the island and just how expensive it is to live there, much less run a business there. I suggest to these people to stay in a fancy big city hotel and watch us have fun on the Travel Channel.

As far as our stay, my wife and I fell head over heels in love with it. But, we're the types that like a lot of space and enjoy the outdoors. Our room was well appointed. I can’t think of anything we needed, with the exception of some beer and bourbon. A little bottle of Rum was already in the room. We made a quick run to a local store, where you can pick up snacks, liquor, and beer! With our mini fridge stocked for the week, we were ready to explore the island.

My wife called the desk to see about getting some advice about places to visit. We met with a guy named Chuck who had plenty of information and we had our week planned out. Much of the travel information he gave to us you wouldn't find on Tripadvisor. Let me just say this, they have the same type of yahoos on the island as we do on the main land. We listened to his advice, and as they say on the island, there was "no problem."

I really liked the beach and the grounds in general. They seemed natural but there was constant cleaning and manicuring. We had a nice view of the ocean with swaying palms and blooming flowers. We enjoyed our coffee on the porch every morning and watching the resident anoles going about their business. We are really into nature. We came here to dive, but ended up doing a little hike just to soak up the island. If you’re into that type of thing, but don’t want to hike, I'd suggest grabbing a drink and walking the grounds. I especially enjoyed seeing bats in the twilight of sunset. The orange glow and the silhouette of palms was just beautiful. Did we see chickens? Yes, once. Did we have a problem with it? NO! They have gone ferral on the island, just like they have in Key West. We found them to be a novelty.

As for the food at the restaurant, we fall on the liked it side, really enjoyed breakfasts and burgers particularly! And Mat is in the bar is like a Black Belt Bartender!

As I mentioned before, we loved the place and we enjoyed the staff. Kudos to Matt, Lewis, Erin, Julie, and Chuck! We appreciated your kindness and hospitality. It is killing us to miss a quarter after 6:00!

Room Tip: I like the bottom floor myself for watching the birds and lizards etc. Great place to sip coffee in the morning.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Terry P
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at the Palms at Pelican Cove during the Fourth of July week. We booked a beach front room. It did not disappoint. Each morning we woke to the beautiful Caribbean waters, the palm trees blowing in the constant gentle breeze, not to mention the mild temp, made for a very pleasant vacation. There was even a night of entertainment, discount for the hotel guests, with dancers on stilts, fire dancers and live music. One necessity, bring mosquito repellent - they can be quite a pest.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are a must.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Weston D
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at The Palms this summer for five nights. It was one of the most laidback, relaxing family vacations we have taken in a long time. The hotel staff, from the front desk, wait staff, bar, security and housekeeping were the most friendly, accommodating, helpful and all around enjoyable staff I have ever experienced. The beach was lovely, and right off our patio steps. The snorkeling was fantastic. It was my first experience snorkeling, and my lesson was great. My son and my husband also went night snorkeling and had an amazing time. I enjoyed walking around the grounds, which are landscaped informally with native plants. We got lots of excellent suggestions from the staff regarding day trips, hikes, activities and restaurant tips, all of which we very much enjoyed. We couldn't have asked for more. I would return in a heartbeat!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Michele S
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I'm late writing my review but feel really pressed to do so because this place was so awesome. We stayed here Spring Break of 2013, This is a perfect place to stay while on business. While my husband worked, we had plenty of entertainment at The Palms. All of the staff was so helpful and friendly. I wish I could remember the name of the head of housekeeping because she was a gem and very accommodating. I think its Velma. Two of my children enjoyed snorkeling for their very first time with Chuck. He did a wonderful job teaching them about safety while pointing out the different sea life. They were also given a free CD with photos of themselves snorkeling. They had the time of their life! The pool was great. The views were outstanding and we were so close to the beach. One of the nicest things they did was find and mail my daughters cell phone back to us free of charge! Great people! If we ever return to St. Croix we will definitely be returning to The Palms. We highly recommend them!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank miabellao
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed at the Palms this past summer for six nights. It was off season so it felt like we had the hotel to ourselves. Long walks on the beach and tons of relaxing time. The location was amazing and the food out of this world, but what we loved the most was the staff. Lewis took us on two unforgettable snorkeling trips and the rest of the staff treated us like family. The room was super quiet but slightly dated. We did not mind because half the time we had sandy feet and wet clothes. I really loved this hotel and would highly recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 18 which was an upgraded suite with an ocean front view and a small kitchenette. The food on the island is expensive so the kitchenette helped save us some money on breakfasts and lunches.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family