“Wonderful place”

The Palms at Pelican Cove
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Christiansted
“Wonderful place”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I'm late writing my review but feel really pressed to do so because this place was so awesome. We stayed here Spring Break of 2013, This is a perfect place to stay while on business. While my husband worked, we had plenty of entertainment at The Palms. All of the staff was so helpful and friendly. I wish I could remember the name of the head of housekeeping because she was a gem and very accommodating. I think its Velma. Two of my children enjoyed snorkeling for their very first time with Chuck. He did a wonderful job teaching them about safety while pointing out the different sea life. They were also given a free CD with photos of themselves snorkeling. They had the time of their life! The pool was great. The views were outstanding and we were so close to the beach. One of the nicest things they did was find and mail my daughters cell phone back to us free of charge! Great people! If we ever return to St. Croix we will definitely be returning to The Palms. We highly recommend them!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank miabellao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed at the Palms this past summer for six nights. It was off season so it felt like we had the hotel to ourselves. Long walks on the beach and tons of relaxing time. The location was amazing and the food out of this world, but what we loved the most was the staff. Lewis took us on two unforgettable snorkeling trips and the rest of the staff treated us like family. The room was super quiet but slightly dated. We did not mind because half the time we had sandy feet and wet clothes. I really loved this hotel and would highly recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 18 which was an upgraded suite with an ocean front view and a small kitchenette...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Christina L
Brandon, Florida
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was the last stop of my Caribbean tour so I elected to take one "personal" day here and avoid the rush back to the airport with the others in my group. Am I ever glad I did. We checked in on Thursday afternoon. Grounds were expansive and well kept. Front desk staff were friendly and the check in was smooth. They took me to room #4 in a golf cart so I didn't have to drag my bag all the way down the path. I was told that I could call the front desk when I was ready to return and they would send the cart back for me. Nice touch I thought.

My ground floor room was spacious and clean with modern furnishings. The patio doors opened to a private patio just yards from the shore. Sea shells were lined up atop the short retaining walls which created the borders for my space. The room was equipped with a mini fridge, a small coffee pot, and most importantly - a complimentary bottle of rum along with a couple of colas. The bathroom had a beautiful shower with a stone wall and ample counter space surrounding the two basins.

A short walk back to the main building for dinner and drinks. Relaxed in comfortable furniture by the mahogany bar waiting for the others in our group. Dinner was served in their open air covered patio. The dinner specials were Mexican themed and I ordered the burrito. The portions were huge and savory. Natalie, our server, was friendly and attentive to our needs, filling and refilling our drinks. Very relaxing dinner.

Had the best night's sleep of the week. The rooms are remotely located from the pool and bar so the only sounds you hear are the waves outside. The bedding was comfortable.

Plenty of hot water and water pressure for my shower got my Friday started. Walked back to the main building for coffee and breakfast. Met Eileen, our morning server who was soon joined by Liz. These people are so friendly and nice, they make you feel like family. I ordered the banana pancakes and a bowl of fruit. Very good.

My work was completed just before noon and I returned to The Palms to begin my 24 hour vacation. Ordered a Caesar salad with grilled Mahi and enjoyed the scenery while my lunch was prepared. Liz was my server and was pleasant.

Signed up for a snorkeling tour at 2:00pm. The gear and the tour of the reef are complimentary. There is no time wasted on a boat here. We walked into the surf and was ready to go. Lewis proved to be a worthy guide knowing where to find the starfish and the pufferfish under ledges. Not one bit of the dive was rushed. We found flounder, dogfish, many colorful tropical fish, and a gazillion glass minnows. Did not see any predators or lion fish on this trip. That was good. A fresh water shower by the pool to wash off the salt afterwards and off to the room for a change.

Surf and Turf was the dinner theme Friday night. Maria was there to take my order - 8oz New York Strip with a tail. Natalie delivered my plate complete with drawn butter, steamed vegetables, and mashed potatoes. Finished this all off with an order of carrot cake. The dinner was fantastic.

Another great night's sleep, breakfast, and I needed to get packing. They let me store my bags at the front desk while I went into town for souvenirs. Returned for lunch and had the triple decker club sandwich with fries. Then off to the airport.

This is one stunning facility. The grounds and the rooms are clean. The staff (Natalie, Maria, Stephanie, Eileen, Liz, Lewis and others) are warm, friendly, welcoming, and aim to please. The views and the reef are beautiful. My only regret is that I couldn't stay longer.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Phil C
Van Buren, MO
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had the best time at the Palms at Pelican Cove. We stayed a week at the Palms, and enjoyed many activities on the island, but one of the best was the night snorkeling guided by Chuck and Mitch. We can't say enough about the knowledge and expertise that they both shared with us that made the experience that much more enjoyable. The snorkeling was great right outside our rooms. The Palms is located close to many fun things to do once you get used to driving on the opposite side of the road!!
If you are looking for the best resort on the island, the Palms is the place to stay--the staff is exceptionally helpful and professional. We will go back again!! Gary, Mitzi and Molly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GaryErb
Oakland, California
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had the pleasure of having my wedding at the Palms at Pelican Cove on August 3rd, 2013. The Palms exceeded my expectations and the staff went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly. Everyone was so willing to help out and I even got myself a hair appt booked last minute. Julie, Rosche, Teddy, Chef Mitchell and wedding bartenders!! You guys were so wonderful. I had my wedding in the beautiful Palm grove and the view of the beach was absolutely breathtaking.
I was a bit nervous because my family is West Indian and they are not shy when it comes to offering their opinions and EVERYONE had wonderful things to say about the service and FOOD. The curry goat was off the hook. Julie & Teddy spent time with us to create a wedding unique to us and offered helpful suggestions to make things run smoothly. They were extremely open and flexible to hearing our ideas and assisted us with incorporating them into our special day. They were knowledgeable about whatever we needed on the island and treated us like family, always greeting us with a smile. We live in CA and having a destination can be anxiety provoking, especially because you really don't know what to expect and the Palms exceeded my expectations!!! We all had a blast and have wonderful memories of our day. I couldn't imagine having a more perfect wedding! Everything was beautiful and the intimate setting of the restaurant made everyone feel like they were included. We stayed in the rooftop suite, which was private and had a stunning view. We appreciated the warm, friendly, laid back and very professional vibe throughout our stay. We are so grateful to share this experience on the beautiful island of St. Croix and couldn't imagine or wedding coming together as beautifully as it did if it weren’t for the Palms. You all rock and we will be back!

Shamilla & Brian

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Shamilla B
Young, Arizona
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Really... There are not enough words to tell you how truly amazing this place really is! My husband and I had the pleasure of staying for 8 days. In that time we fell in love with this resort, the family & staff, the history, and all the island has to offer. The rooms are clean and comfortable with prompt, friendly housekeeping staff. The pool was inviting and open 24 hours! The food was incredible, Surf & Turf night was to die for... in fact there was nothing that we ate that we would not order again...and again =) Everyone at the front desk goes out of their way to help you with anything you might need. The snorkel trips (right in front of the resort) are unbelievable.... night snorkeling with the owner was even better! Thank you Chuck, Joyce & family, Julie, Pat, Teddy, Liz, BJ and so many more for a time that we will never forget. Looking forward to next time!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Holly D
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Friendly in a beautiful tropical setting. Free snorkel trips to offshore reefs. Clean comfortable rooms. Good food at a reasonable price. Owner makes every effort to be the perfect host. This is probably the best value in the US Virgin Islands. St Croix is much less crowded and more explorable than St Thomas. Owner is a great source of recommendation of things to do. Rent a car at the airport. Remember to drive on the left!
If time and budget permit take the seaplane to St Thomas for a quick shopping trip.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansted
Tamarind Reef Resort, Spa & Marina
The Buccaneer St Croix
#1 of 14 in Christiansted
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,357 reviews
Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa

Been to The Palms at Pelican Cove? Share your experiences!