This is our 11th Caribbean island to visit with our two daughters ages 10 and 12. We've stayed in a wide range of hotels/resorts; from the privately owned (like the Palms) to the high end resorts (Hilton/Marriott) on Aruba and Barbados. The Palms is an interesting place.
Mitch and the housekeeping staff were some of the nicest and best we've encountered. We had a few issues with our room (internet did not work for 3 days and our air conditioner went on the fritz). Mitch was extremely diligent and caring in trying to resolve these issues, even after hours. He really cares about guests, treating them like family and, in our opinion, one of the Palms greatest assets. Bar tenders, not so much. Received luke warm attention and service when we ordered drinks. We only ate breakfast 2-3 times at the resort and food and service were very good. No experience with lunch or dinner there. Front desk service seemed to vary greatly, depending on who was working. Most we encountered were average, not exceptional. Rooms are not luxurious, but nice, typical, and clean. They need to upgrade the pillows! The beds were just OK. What was amazing was the patios off each room, where you can see and hear the ocean....really relaxing to grab coffee in the morning or a cocktail in the evening and just relax. Two nice lounge chairs were provided on each patio, an added plus. My kids loved the pool, as kids tend to do. We always had a place to sit, though there didn't seem to be an abundance of chairs at the pool and several were in disrepair. The beach is nice. There is some vegetation, etc. in the water in this location. Many beaches in St. Croix are this way. The beach at the Palms is great for snorkeling and we had a great snorkel trip with Mitch one day during our visit
As others have noted, the location is good. Approximately 10-15 mins to Christianstead and the Boardwalk. Probably 20 mins to the Northshore (Cane Bay) area (which is a must see/visit while you there). Approximately 30 mins to Frederickstead (Sandy Point Beach) and 30 mins to Point Udall (Isaac's Bay)
While the rooms and resort are somewhat dated, it's clean, most of the staff is exceptionally good, and the location is ideal. We'd return if our travels take us to beautiful St. Croix again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands