I have reviewed The Palms once before, in 2010, but my girlfriend and I have stayed there for a few nights each winter since then, and I wanted to thank the Palms crew for another great visit earlier this month.
The coziness and hospitality of this hotel--and the beauty of its setting--have kept us coming back year and year. The restaurant and bar feature great food, drinks, views, and atmosphere, and the beach and nearby coral reef are perfect for snorkeling. The rooms are in good shape following renovations completed since my first visit.
Our time with Chuck, the owner, was the highlight of this past trip. He sought us out at breakfast to help plan our day and later took us on our first night snorkel, when we got very close to a large spotted eagle ray.
Do rent a car and take time to explore St. Croix. No trip is complete for us without a drive to the East End and an evening dining outside in Christiansted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands