I stayed at Palms from 1-7 October and I had one of the best experiences ever! I needed a getaway from the crazy NYC and a quiet and peaceful time. After having read through some of the reviews I finally decided to do my first ever solo travelling to the palms at Pelican Cove and I wasn't disappointed!! October was rather slow at Palms ( so I was told) and very quiet but it was the perfect time for me and the right place/resort that I was looking for! I had the entire beach just for myself!:) What a beautiful beach and a breathtaking view right from the balcony of my room!
All the staff there were very friendly and helpful. Mitch is an amazing person!! He took time to teach me snorkeling and took me out to my first awesome snorkeling experience right on the beach! I saw many different fish (sting ray, barracuda and lionfish). The next day, he took me on a hiking tour ( though I was the only one who signed up for it, he didn't even cancel the trip! what a professional!!!) On the tour, I tasted different kind of fruits grown on the island and met the islanders. Mitch also explained to me the history of the island and took as many pictures of my hiking and snorkeling experiences which he gave me the pics in a CD.
The restaurant was closed for renovation most of the days and service at the bar sometimes spotty (my only 'unpleasant' experience, in particular getting food, as I didn't want to leave the resort looking for restaurants nearby). The front desk suggested one close resort right next to Palms (Hibiscus) for lunch and dinner which I tried a couple of times but the food wasn't that great and the price expensive! Luckily, the restaurant at Palms reopened on Friday and I enjoyed all the food I had there.
Overall,my experience at Palms was fabulous! I strongly recommend the place, particularly during October if you are desperately looking for a quiet and peaceful place, individually or as a group!
I can't wait till October comes to visit Palms again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands