The Palms at Pelican Cove
The Buccaneer St Croix(Christiansted)
$299
Holger Danske Hotel(Christiansted)
$116
$80
  • Restaurant
Hotel on the Cay(Christiansted)(Great Value!)
$199
$164
Cancelon
  • Pool
$1,147
Cancelon
The Inn on Strand Street(Frederiksted)
$149
1,124 results
All reviewscaribbean nightnight snorkelbuck islandoctopusbar menust croixtook picturesmonday nightsnorkeling tourbeautiful beachcoral reeffire dancersribstake homesea lifecruzan rumthe open air restaurant
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Driving to the Palms for the first time, I had the uneasy feeling that I was not in the right place. The access roads I traveled, take you a short distance through a somewhat distressed residential area. I thought for sure I was lost. Eventually, I spotted a sign which let me know I was close. A few turns and speed bumps later and we arrived. Initial impression is that the rooms are average. However, opening the curtain and peering out from the private terrace, the views are absolutely outstanding. Other than some Palm trees and sand, there was nothing between us and the ocean. It was like having our own private beach. The first night there, my wife and I were seated in the lobby exploring our options of what to do in the days to follow, when Chuck came walking by and greated us. I was skeptical that we would ever recieve the personal attention from the resort owner as indicated in the reviews that I had read, but I was pleasantly surprised. He pulled up a chair asked us a few questions about what we were interested in doing, and drew out on a map a suggested itinerary for the next few days. Then came what I was hoping for, an offer to take us out for a guided snorkle trip the next day. I had read that he did that quite often, but I didn't really see how he could do it for all his guest. I figured it would probably be a large group of strangers and a quick in and out of the reef. My wife and I along with our two girls arrived at the agreed spot and found that we were all alone. We were met by Ashley, a very interesting young lady who I guess is working as Chucks assistant. She got us geared up just about the time that Chuck arrived. Absolutely no one on the beach but the five of us. Never had we had an experience such as that, an entire reef to ourselves. It was amazing. I'm not sure how long we stayed in the water, but Chuck never offered to conclude our dive until I mentioned that I'm not as young as I used to be. Only then, did we begin a leisurely drift back toward shore. That adventure alone would have sold me on the Palms, but fortunately, the best was yet to come. Chuck invited us over to his place to visit with he and his wife that evening. It was a very relaxing time, it felt like we were visiting with family or old friends. When it became dark, he gathered up some flashlights and we headed off into the water again for a night time dive on the reef. All I can say is that it was awesome. It made for an unforgetable vacation. Very rarely can you find a place of that beauty when you are not elbow to elbow with strangers and you are made to feel like you are genuinely welcome to be there. Thanks go out to Chuck for a wonderful time.

6  Thank lovinlifesince58
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We booked our trip back in February and spent the following months reading every review on Tripadvisor and hoping the Palms was as good as everyone said it was. We were not disappointed! We were wonderfully surprised to find we had been upgraded to the 3rd floor with a beautiful separate bedroom, kitchenette, and jaw dropping view from our rooftop balcony (that view is now my permanent screensaver). We spent several evenings stargazing and lost count of the number of shooting stars we witnessed.
Our 2 girls could not wait to snorkel and had a great time exploring the reef with Ashley. Our youngest was a little nervous at first and Ashley was so patient and helpful in making the experience exciting for her and while still managing to take great underwater photos that were given to us on a disk. Chuck spent a good amount of time helping us map out the island and gave us great tips on what to see, where to eat, and what not to miss and his recommendations were excellent. Eat at Rowdy Joe's if you can. The drive is breathtaking and the food was one of the best meals we had on the island.
I can honestly say that every aspect of our stay at the Palms far exceeded our expectations. The food was delicious, reasonably priced for island fare and there was a good variety for our family. The service is incredibly personal and friendly while not being intrusive. Each visit to the restaurant or bar was met with genuine smiles, conversation, and great food and drink. Try the "Lime in the Coconut", soooo good!
Our room was always impeccably clean with plenty of towels and the most beautiful, island flowers. Our girls have told everyone about their Cruzian grandmother, Mama G and how sweet she was to all of us. Everyone on staff was always willing to chat about the island, its people, and were sincerely interested in making our stay a memorable one. Mitch even helped my husband wash our rental car after our crazy drive through the rainforest and spent 30 minutes talking to me about the island. The island is beyond beautiful, but our stay at the Palms with its wonderful staff is what made this the best vacation ever!

Room Tip: Groundfloor rooms have patios that meet the sand, but the 3rd floor has phenomonal views of the beach and fabulous stragazing at night.
4  Thank Jenn2ns
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed at The Palms for our honeymoon and loved it! The snorkeling was a lot of fun, and one of the owners showed us around the reefs, where were awesome. The staff was friendly and helpful. We loved the private balcony overlooking the ocean, and the rum waiting for us when we arrived. We could literally throw a stone and hit the ocean.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I don't think I can say enough good things about the Palms. My recent vacation to St. Croix was nothing short of spectacular and I attribute that to the Palms. The resort itself is absoutely beautiful, however, the people who work there are even more so. From the moment we arrived at the Palms I truly felt like I was among friends. Our room was wonderful, the food was incredible, and I can't believe how reasonable the prices were for food and drinks. If I had to sum up my trip in one word I would have to say "Personal". It was the most personal trip I have ever taken and that is why it was so exceptional. Chuck....you are the best. I honestly can't think of one thing that you could have changed to have improved our stay at the Palms. I can't wait to come back and visit to see you and all our wonderful friends we made at the Palms. Thank you to everyone at the Palms for a wonderful time and I hope to see you all soon.
Dina B

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed at the Palms as a family of four ( two adults and two teenage kids) and had a great time. We felt very welcomed. The staff was very helpful and nice. The room was clean and comfortable with a wonderful view on the beach ( the picture above is a very accurate reflection!) The complimentary reef snorkeling with Chuck was wonderful. He was very personable and nice and seemed to care about people. You get treated in a very personal way, which is very nice. Chuck gave us ideas for excursions and eateries. The reef is very close by and accessible. There is plenty of fish to see, although the reef itself has taken a huge hit from environmental stresses on it and is somewhat disappointing. But the sunrise!!! Don't forget to get up early one morning and experience that! Overall, I would go back in a heartbeat. Thanks Chuck and all your staff.

1  Thank dutchcaroline