“great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Company House Hotel

Company House Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Company Street, Christiansted 00820, St. Croix (Formerly Danish Manor Hotel and Suites)   |
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Christiansted
Melbourne, Florida
“great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

everything is great including the staff it have this sexy young lady name marie very hope to meet her again

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank billy t

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I recently got back from a weekend stay in St. Croix Virgin Islands. I got information about this hotel saying that it was a great place to stay. Upon arrival to the hotel I was told that my room wasn't ready, so I left to do some driving around the island just for exploring purposes. A few hours later when I got back I still couldn't check in because the system was down, I then left again seeing that I was hungry so I went to a nearby resturant to get a bite to eat. After spending a few more hours at the resturant and doing some more exploring of the island I ventured back to the hotel to check in. At this point they were finally ready for me to check in and get comfortable. After checking in and receiving the one key that I was given to share between three people, I headed to my room which was on the bottom floor near the area where the trash is thrown out, getting into the room there were NO RUGS on the floor, going further into the room and into the bathroom, there lay a dead baby lizard on he floor. This turned me off completely. I turned on the tv to calm my nerves but most of the channels didn't work and displayed "No Signal" on the screen. I was so upset I took a shower after a long stressfull day and went to sleep. The next morning I was awakened by the sound of the men collecting the garbage by dragging the bins down the tiled hallway. I got up for a fresh start that day with the intentions to get a soak in the pool, but thta to was filthy. Returning to my room my husband and I got dressed and went to the local ihop for breakfast. After returning to the hotel and giving my son his food, there was no microwave in the room, the only microwave to use was right outside the lobby. Not forgetting that there is no parking lot so you have to park on a side street if there is no parking on the street infront of the hotel. All in all the trip was great, but the hotel experience was aweful!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Patricia C

Travelers are raving about these Christiansted hotels

San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We originally booked at the King Christian Hotel, I am disabled and need a hotel with an elevator. Upon arrival at the King Christian Hotel we were advised that the elevator has been out of order for some time. Joyce at King Christian was very helpful and booked us at their "sister hotel" the Company House Hotel just a block up the road. We got there and the was very pleased, the lobby was decorated for Christmas, it was beautiful, complete with a piano, sofas and tables and chairs, free computer access and a bar. We had to go up a couple steps to get to the area where the rooms where, we got to our room and it was an accessible room so it was larger than the others, it was well maintained and had a flat screen TV, mini fridge, large bathroom, table and chairs for eating and a sofa and chairs, the bed was quite cozy! Yes, it is true that the walls are thin, and if the A/C is off then you can hear the person in the next room, but that is an easy problem to solve by keeping the A/C on at all times. This hotel room was a little over $200 a night but it is next to everything, ferries to the beach, restaurants and shopping. All rooms on the entire island are non-smoking as well as all restaurants, although they still advertise smoking rooms you will not find any. Overall, this was a nice place to stay, the security guard is observant and very friendly as well as the entire staff at the hotel. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: Must climb about three stairs to get into the lobby and two stairs to get up to the main floor to th...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tristalia
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights, and really enjoyed our view from the second floor to the historic church tower and the blue water beyond. A number of restaurants within several blocks' walk. We loved staying in the old city. Small fridge and coffee in the room. It had some quirks -- cable TV wasn't available at the time -- just DVD -- but that's not what we were there for anyway.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

I have to say that the previous bad reviews about the hotel is true...I spent one night there with my BF and it was horrible... The toilet was horrible looking, I was afraid to touch it, but the worst part about it was the hand towels... ALL the washcloths had BIG YELLOW STAINS in them..... this made me afraid to shower or even sleep in the bed.

Let me not forget the Pool...that looked like swampy mess!!

Morning time, you are awakened to the hammering away of the construction workers. We are early risers, so this didn't bother us as much...but for people on vacation, this is not the way you want to wake up.

The Lobby is the prettiest thing about the hotel...Dont be fooled....

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone else...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SooSooTY
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

Throw out the old reviews before 2010, because they don't reflect the present condition of the hotel. I had read the reviews and was concerned about what we would find when we checked in. The room we were supposed to have was very basic and was in an area where reconstruction was going on. However, we were shown recently remodeled rooms and was assigned one of them. We were quite satisfied with its condition. The bathroom was clean and newly remodeled, and the bedroom area was quite large.

There is no elevator, so one must climb possibly three flights of stairs, so bear that in mind. The staff was absolutely terrific, and we got great rates after checking out the various room choices.

The television in our room was a flats screen, and it had quite a few channels. There is also a new iMac in the lobby for use by the patrons.

There is a very nice free breakfast at the King Christian Hotel, a couple of blocks away, so one has to walk there.

We did not use the pool while we were there, but it admittedly is in need of repair around the edges.

The Company House is continually upgrading, laying new tile, and making improvements.

Our stay at the Company House was very satisfactory and we plan to stay there again next year.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OhioMargaret66
usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

This was booked through my company travel dept. The worst hotel I have ever stayed in and this includes ones I've stayed in while visiting third world countries. The location is not in the best part of the city. If you rent a car, don't stay here. There is no parking. Walking into the lobby of the hotel is the only nice part of the hotel! Upon arrival, my colleague and I were informed that there are no elevators. We were traveling for 6 weeks for business on the various USVI. So you can imagine we had more luggage than most. We had to carry our luggage up to several sets of narrow and uneven stairs.
Once in the room, there are no drawers to put anything in. The TV is mounted very high on the wall, near ceiling. The remote was not programmed and after multiple attempts to program it, I asked for the manager's assistance. With the TV being so high up, unless you are over 6'5'' a person could not turn on or off the tv nor change channels. The front desk clerk had to make several calls to the manager over several hours at my insistance before he made it over to the hotel to help with the remote. There is rarely a manager on duty or in the building. Usually one staff member. After an half hour, the manager could not fix the TV and was going to leave. I had to ask for another room. Again, after waiting for some time, I was moved. Unbelievably, this one was worse. The windows had glass shutters that don't shut all the way, all street noise can be heard, bugs fly in as well as lizards. There are bars on the windows from the inside. The curtains can't be moved to let what little sunlight there may be, in. Dirty dishes were left in the sink, microwave was flithy and not cleaned. Inside of shower and sink in bathroom was dirty too! Not sure if the shower was ever really cleaned by "housekeeping". The overflowing hotel trashcans were next to room and abandoned construction materials. The TV in this room had a permanent green line down the middle of the picture.
The pool, a disaster. Chipped paint from around the outside of the pool falls into the pool. Not sure if the water is ever cleaned. Didn't appear to be. The wall dividing this buidling and the next is plywood. The view from the 2nd floor and up is a view of garbage next door.
The in room wi-fi was falsely advertised. There is a computer available is in lobby. Same with wi-fi, in the lobby only. Small love seats to sit on while listening to religious radio over head if you want to use your own laptop.
What the hotel fails to mention is that the free continental breakfast is two blocks away in another hotel. There is a microwave for guests to use, OUTSIDE by the pool.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank keeptraveling01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansted
Hotel on the Cay
Sugar Beach Condominiums
Sugar Beach Condominiums
#5 of 15 in Christiansted
4.0 of 5 stars 197 reviews

Been to Company House Hotel? Share your experiences!