Divi Carina Bay is exactly what you'd expect from a three star Caribbean resort. A few points:
(1) They are nicely situated with good views of the bay, although other reviewers rightly note the high levels of seaweed.
(2) The hot tub and pool overlook the ocean, which is nice. However like other hot tubs I've seen in the Caribbean "hot" is a misnomer. It was the temperature of whirling pool water.
(3) They have a good selection of watersports equipment, including sailboats, paddleboats, snorkels and kayaks, but expect to pay extra if you want to use anything.
(4) On the cheap side, they are fierce about the possibility of loosing a beach towel. They even warned us that other guests might try to steal the resort towels from us (!) and insisted on charging a $25 deposit for each towel.
(5) Also, you might want to know that early check-in is not permitted.
Hope this helps you plan your trip to St. Croix! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience St Croix's only All Inclusive! The Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort and Casino is a lively retreat nestled on a secluded shore in the beautiful island of St. Croix. Modern beachfront guestrooms, poolside dining, hammocks by the shore, live entertainment; your home for Family, Food and Fun …- it’s All Included! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Divi Carina Bay Hotel
- Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands