“Perfect wedding”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Christiansted
Littleton, New Hampshire
“Perfect wedding”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

The wedding I recently attended at Divi Carina Bay resort was the prettiest and best organized that I have ever been to. The stay was wonderful, relaxing, great room, great food, great organization to go on a boat trip. Everyone at the resort was delightful and helpful including a working hairdryer needed in a hurry being produced within five minutes. Thank you Patti and everyone involved in helping make this wedding a truly memorable occasion.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank elizabethkateross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We had been planning our wedding for the past year through email and the internet with the Divi. Upon arrival, I handed them a suitcase full of decorations, etc. I explained what I wanted and they made our wedding AMAZING. The food was incredible and the night (and whole week) was absolutely perfect. Patricia Fiske, the catering manager, went out of her way to make thingsjust how we wanted them. Others who made the wedding memorable were Troy and Ann.
There were 54 people with us there for 4-7 days each and the staff accommodated our seperate checks and moving tables, etc.
The food in the Dockside bar could have been either better or cheaper, but all in all the trip was amazing. We ate at the pizza place and the casino as well (getting food is definitely "on Caribbean time" ...it could take a long time to get your food).
This really was a great place for kids and families and it was right on with value.
The staff was all very friendly, always saying HI and asking how our day was going. For the most part, they seemed genuinely happy to have us there.
Everyone who came to the wedding is raving about the fun we had and how the Divi made it perfect in an affordable setting.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank mrsmostofizadeh
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed July 14, 2010

My husband and I had the best vacation anniversary every. Ms. Cartesha made my visit the ever. I have visited Hawaii, Jamaica and St. Thomas and the best time we had was at the Divi Sr. Croix. We are going to tell all our family and friends. I rate the place 20 stars.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tryme924
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Staff was pretty friendly. Food service a little slow outside. Rooms were OK, nothing too special but not too bad.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
usa
Reviewed June 24, 2010

This resort is secluded and it takes about 20-30 minutes to get to town. We really like it (relaxing), but if you want more action, it would be better to stay close to town. But if you really want action, stay on another island because there is not much to do here.

We stayed in the villas (on the hill) during our 2-week stay. The hotel units are on the beach. It took a few minutes to get down multiple stairs in order to get to the beach. This is definitely not for those people that struggle with stairs. There was a nice view of beach out of our balcony.

When we arrived, the check-in was O.K. but it seemed like when we asked questions it was like they did not want to be bothered with them. Since we were staying 2 weeks, we called before and made sure that we did not have to move and to another room.

The first room we got in was small and hot. I asked the guy from the front desk (bellman) concerning the temperature and he acted like it was O.K. Well, felt the air and it was not cooling. Called and asked for another room or it for it to be fixed. Well, they said that they were trying to find the maintenance guy. He finally got there and looked at the thermostat and then said that he could not fix it. Well, we moved to another room. It was ton’s nicer.

The local and toll free calls are free and there is free wireless Internet in the room. There is only a VCR in the room (who has any of these anymore) and there are only about 6 channels (none that I could find that had local info). Nice flat screen in the bedroom and in the living room.

The room they put us in had a king size bed and 2 baths (1 with a whirlpool tub). The workmanship seems to be lacking. The showers had mildew in them. Asked for them to be cleaned and it never happened. Asked for a bottle of bleach and they brought it. Sprayed that in there and it helped. The furniture seemed nice and there is a large balcony. We ate out there a couple of times (table with 4 chairs and 2 lounge chairs).

Problem with hot water. It seemed like it would have to run over 5 minutes to get any warmth. Sometimes it was lacking. We called about it and they said that we would have to move again if we were not satisfied.

Other than the bathrooms, overall the place was clean.

The kitchen’s pots & pans and utensils were a little sparse, but it was a full kitchen with no dishwasher. There was plenty of room to put food without moving things around. The drainer looked nasty so we either dried the dishes or put them on a towel to drain.

Activities at the resort were not well attended. There was some snorkeling thing sponsored by some conservation group (I was only attendee) and we showed me close to the resort where to snorkel (saw some nice coral, fish, and a few turles). No one came to kayaking trip. They cancelled the next trip due to weather and did not call. It seems that they really did not have someone that felt responsible for helping you find things to do on the island. They were nice, but I was asking about things on the sheet of paper that was listed when we checked in. I asked the concierge about rainy day activities and she gave me one or two ideas. Then she asked if we had any kids and I told her no. I told her that I was here with my wife. She said that we should do something together (and laughed implying s*x). I left at that point.

If you have never SCUBA dived before, they have an orientation in the pool on Sunday’s. It was free and sort of gives you a brief orientation of rules and equipment.

The exercise room seemed nice at first, but some of the equipment did not work. The pedal type machines were not plugged in and I did not see a cord to them. The treadmill I could not get it to work. They had some dumbbells, but the max weight was 3 pounds. There was bottled water in there that was nice on a hot day.

The grounds were maintained pretty good. There was grass in the flowerbeds, but they cleaned up branches and other debris after a storm. The pool condition needed some attention. The blue coating on the bottom was peeling off and there were a cup and other debris on the bottom. At one time there was a Jacuzzi tub, but it was boarded up. There were an abundant of chairs on the beach and a few of those covers (no umbrellas). There was not charge for the use of the beach chairs.

There was no washer and dryer in the room. There was a guest laundry across the street that had 3 washers & dryers. The wash was $2.00 and the dryer was $1.00 or $2.00 (the dryers had different charges). I used the $1.00 one and it did fine. They do not have a basket in the room so I used a plastic garbage bag.

Checkout was pretty good. There was a $10/day energy surcharge on the bill. There were not any questionable things on the bill (good).

Overall, it seem like the place was great when originally built, but there is a lack of desire to maintain it. We were happy to have AC.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rgma77
akron, ohio
Reviewed June 10, 2010

This hotel is not for the fastidious. I think the best comparison is to a Jersey Shore motel. However, if you are planning on staying here not all is lost. We actually left with good memories. Here are a few basic pointers:
1. Rent a car. You are far from everything, but it's an easy drive to Christiansted.
2. Tell your credit card company where you will be. Everyone I knew was having their cards cancelled or blocked because of this hotel's incompetence.
3. The beach is great and empty. The water is blue and warm.
4. The pool was warm and nice. And was empty most of the day.
5. There is no one running this hotel. It's a free for all.
6. Breakfast was included and was quite good.
7. The people working there are quite friendly if not that smart.
8. Ask for a room with bamboo floors.
9. Every room faces the ocean but the screen doors don't work right.
10. The check in process was bizarre and the nice people at the desk don't have any common sense.
11. Bring bug spray.
12. We actually had a great trip once we accepted the hotel for what it is.
13. The snorkeling was awesome at the hotel beach. Reefs right off shore.
14. There is a computer in the lobby no one uses that gives you internet access. That worked perfectly for me.
For the price, it worked for me. If I wanted luxury I would have gone to the Buccaneer. The clientele was a bit shady and again the place is not for the type A personality.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank tracker400
Arnala, India
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Great getaway from crowd. We had taken all inclusive trip and it was great.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansted
Sugar Beach Condo Resort
The Buccaneer St Croix
The Buccaneer St Croix
#1 of 14 in Christiansted
Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort? Share your experiences!