I have just spent two glorious weeks in St. Croix at the Divi Carina Bay Resort and Casino. My Husband and I celebrated our 15th wedding Anniversary with my nine year old daughter in tow at this splendid resort. There's more to it though.
Yes the decor and ambiance is relaxing. The rooms are clean and the food is wonderful. The entertainment is abundant and as far as I can tell, the slot machines are loose!!! The beach is just a few feet away and anything you need is at your fingertips. You can read all about the Divi at the website.
I'm here to write about something else. The staff.... The wonderful men and women that worked so hard for our pleasure. I am terrible at names, yet as I sit here I can name every person that had an impact on our trip.
Eddie and Damien took my fear of snorkeling away. They were there to help with the gear and even gave free lessons and tours of the open water. They were even willing to open a coconut for my daughter. Anything, they were there.
The ladies that waited on us and treated my daughter like she was their own, Carteesha, Donna, Andrea. Even Carteesha on a day off offered to babysit, so my husband and I could have a night on the town.
Speaking of town, we would see the staff on their days off and they would take the time to say hello and ask how we were doing.
All these people became our friends.
Junior the cook, Bernice the housekeeper, and the man who can find anything, Edmund, always welcomed us with a smile and everyone, I mean everyone knew our names.
My hat is off to Pat the general manager. I saw him every day sometimes three or four times. This might sound funny, but if there was music, he was dancing.
We were so content when we stayed there that we never went to St. Thomas or St. John.
As I write, I'm missing all of them already. I've only been back home for three days.
So that's my review on the Divi Carina Bay Resort and Casino, oh and Spa (Hello!!).... You know the names of alot of the staff, so if you go there, tell them Kat, Russ and Zoe send their love and their hearts.
Next summer we've decided to stay for three weeks. It will be great to see old friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience St Croix's only All Inclusive! The Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort and Casino is a lively retreat nestled on a secluded shore in the beautiful island of St. Croix. Modern beachfront guestrooms, poolside dining, hammocks by the shore, live entertainment; your home for Family, Food and Fun …- it’s All Included! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Divi Carina Bay Hotel
- Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands