Compared to other caribbean destinations we have liked better, St. Croix was about a 3 on a scale of 1-5.
However, St. Croix was really nice. We made a mistake and did not rent a car ahead of time and there were none available the entire time we were there. No biggie. But.... this would be helpful for future travelers.
The Divi was very nice and clean. We were able to charge any meals and drinks to our room so we didn't have to walk around with a bunch of cash. The meals were very good too at the resort.
Everyone was very nice and accommodating. The room was also nice. There were a few bugs in the room (not ants and not small roaches but something
size-wise in between). I had read about bugs on trip advisor but they were not bad for me since we like to go camping, we can deal with a few little bugs. The safe did not work in the room but we didn't want to fool with getting a new one and our stuff was just fine in the room. The hotel responded very quickly to our request that the safe was not working but....
it was the weekend and couldn't be fixed until Monday. There is a casino within 5 minutes walking distance of the Divi and we blew some money here. Oh well. Nice casino though. We did win some, but then lost some.
We went on an excursion - Big Beard - and it was a sailboat out to Buck Island. Very nice. The tour guides were fantastic. We used the hotel shuttle ($20 round trip for 2 people) down to Christanstead harbor. Not the best snorkeling we have ever seen but.... it was still fun. We saw our first school of baraccudas. EEEkkkkk......
The beach was nice but we have seen better. Shelling was more rocks than shells but if you looked hard, you could find some. The pool was nice. We swam a lot. It was cool but not too cold to get in. There was always a nice breeze while laying out. I guess it is the more windy side of the island.
The question we always ask ourselves is would we go here again - the answer is yes. We would. We have more destinations to explore and the Divi was definitely set apart from the rest of St. Croix, but... it was very relaxing and just what we wanted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience St Croix's only All Inclusive! The Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort and Casino is a lively retreat nestled on a secluded shore in the beautiful island of St. Croix. Modern beachfront guestrooms, poolside dining, hammocks by the shore, live entertainment; your home for Family, Food and Fun …- it’s All Included! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Divi Carina Bay Hotel
- Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands