We were in our timeshare villa for 7 days and cannot comment on the hotel rooms associated with the Divi. We have no complaints on our villa. The villa had a separate bedroom, bath, living area and a balcony. After completing the kitchen inventory I called for the missing pieces that we needed and they were delivered within an hour. The AC and the fans all worked in the unit. Unfortunately the TV reception was not good. I also called maintenance to fix the lock on the door and asked for a chase lounge for our balcony - no problem - both handled the same day. As expected in the Caribbean u will have a few insects and we did but nothing that would upset our vacation. It is best to keep the balcony door closed. After eating at the Divi restaurants for 3 days we decided it was to our advantage to take the "All In" option for our remaining 4 days - if u like to have a drink, even non-alcoholic drinks by the pool or beach then u must do this. Also the buffet breakfast is $32.00 pp - so it made sense for us. And the food was plentiful and good, especially the Caribbean BBQ and the lava ROK dinner. Special thanks to our server Carol - who always had a smile and to Scott who took care of us at the bar. Entertainment is as expected - steel band, fire dancers, Cruzan folk dancing and Jombie dancers on stilts. The casino is down the street and u can arrange for the golf cart to take u there. Plus with the All In food at the casino is included. A shuttle to town cost $25 for two round trip. Its worth the trip. Yes, the hotel is dated and hopefully Divi can invest more money in upgrading the property. However, if u want a vacation with the All In option, good 4 kids, filled with sun, beach, relaxation, good food, drink, and access to a casino then this is the place. The one downside - Wi-Fi is very spotty. Special thanks to Shannon - Supr Reservations. She helped us numerous times before and after our stay. If u have a problem just talk to the German manager Andreas. He is very pleasant and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience St Croix's only All Inclusive! The Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort and Casino is a lively retreat nestled on a secluded shore in the beautiful island of St. Croix. Modern beachfront guestrooms, poolside dining, hammocks by the shore, live entertainment; your home for Family, Food and Fun …- it’s All Included! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Divi Carina Bay Hotel
- Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands